• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns glock or smith?

I would carry a revolver before a glock any day of the week.
I would also carry an M&P semi before a glock, or a sig, or a beretta, or a Taurus (depending on model).
If I wanted another 9mm, I'd opt for a 1911 in 9.

I just have an aversion to the glock.

Glock for sure. As far as .40 vs .357 for Grizzly defense? I wouldn't bet my life on either of those rounds. At least with the Glock you can be mauled knowing you gave it about 10 additional "college tries"...

S&W all day for me over the Glock. I owned two Glocks that I wanted to love, but like in life you can't force love!

Glocks are a dime a dozen and can be bought for super cheap on the used market. Hell, cops trade them off by the truck loads on an almost daily basis. Yes, they are many times trading for new Glocks but result is the same.
The M19 will bring stupid money from the right collector if you don't like it. Especially if it is in really nice condition.
Now, my money is on keeping the 1911. If you're not going to have a lot of shooting time then the cost of ammo will not be too bad and you will definitely enjoy shooting more.

I've owned 4 Glocks, absolutely hated them in the .40 short and weak. I do like the G19 though. A good modern revolver, especially a magnum can be quite an addition to an arsenal. Most older S&W revolvers were known for their excellent trigger pulls. I am going to go with the minority here and say the Model 19.

depends on what you want to do with it. I shoot glocks for self defense. Love my revolvers for hunting and range time.