• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock polymer colors from the factory

breachersup

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2011
New England
Hey all,

What Color can you get a non-aftermarket-as in like stock, factory made-order it from the gunstore, Glock in?

I feel like a JA asking this because I'd have figured that it would be a one click google search to answer myself, but my searches are bringing up pink finish on slides, and aftermarket what-not. - and hey, my number one reason for hanging out around here is for people far more knowledgeable than me to educate me for free, so here we go...

I'd like to know because to the best of my very limited knowledge, at one point you could get a glock pistol with the polymer colored black, Olive Drab(OD) Green, or Flat Dark Earth (FDE). I thought they stopped making FDE, and only make black and OD, but the gun store I was at had a Glock with some really really brown looking polymer labeled as "Glock 17 OD Green."

So in summary, I'm asking:

<span style="font-weight: bold">What colors did they used to make, and what colors do they make now?</span>

and

<span style="font-weight: bold">Does their "OD Green" look like a muddy brown color that might very well be confused with what one would consider to be a variant of "Flat Dark Earth"?</span>

Looking forward to answers, and pictures of comparison would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance all.

Re: Glock polymer colors from the factory

Black. They used to make an OD that had a brown tone to it, and in some pictures looked like FDE. Those are no longer made, but can be bought used. Other than some blue and red trainer pistols that are rare, black and green is all it's ever been. Now it's back to just black.

I don't think they are making the OD or the FDE ones anymore. I have seen blue ones though. They're pretty ugly though
924_large.jpg

heres a copy and paste from a quick google search

Blue & Red framed Glock pistols:

The Blue Glock Training Pistols are designed to fire color marking ammo (similar to a paintball) or rubber bullets. There are 2 models available. The 17T 9mm FX fires simunition ammo and the 17T 7.8X21 AC fires compressed air cartridge casings. Glock Training Pistols are identical to the G17 in size and shape but have a bright blue frame. They are available to law enforcement only.

The Glock Practice Pistols work normally for loading, unloading and trigger operation but are made non-firing by a plugged barrel and solid breechface. They are identical to a standard pistol in size, shape and weight but have a bright red frame to identify them as training pistols. The following models are available: G17P, G19P, G22P, G23P and G26P. Glock Practice Pistols are only available to law enforcement officers.

I should have specified, I know they make the Red Glock for non-firing but all other application practice with, and the Blue Glock fires sim-rounds (I think).

I'm not interested in those. Just the FDE or OD colors.

Ive got an OD glock 22 for sale in the firearms forums. The color is very close to fde.

OD and FDE are the same shade, people just refer to them by different names. GLOCK discontinued all pistols in OD sometime in 2010 as I recall, and they're somewhat tricky to find these days. I've spotted 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 34, and 36s in OD, and there may be a few others. Took me months of searching to track down my 34 OD, so it's not that easy if you want a specific model. Only real option is to look around at gunshows, call various stores, and keep an eye on Gunbroker...

The blue frame glocks are simunition guns.

I called Glock a while back and confirmed.

Yeah, for pistols that fire real bullets, they dont make any colors other than black now. They used to make them in "Olive Drab Green" as well as black, and yes, it looked like a muddy brown that could easily be accused of being "Flat Dark Earth".

The Blue polymered gats are the ones that fire the FX simunition paint bullets, and the Red polymered are the ones that cyle (manually I mean) snap caps for safe dry-run practice, but are incapable of firing actual things that can hurt folks.

They also made a run of FDE for Lipsey's a couple of months ago. It's more brown than anything and can still be found with some looking, they made several models in both 3rd Gen and 4th gen. A friend of mine has a new FDE G17 Gen 4 and we both agree that my old 3rd Gen OD green G20 looks much more like Magpul and everybody else's FDE.

Lipsey's said there should be more in FDE available in the fall.

2012-GLOCK-FDE.jpg