• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock SF? what is this

ViperACR

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I have been looking for a new Glock 20 and I have seen the SF model called a slim frame and I have seen it called a short frame. What I want to know, is this a smaller grip/frame in length or circumference, and is it noticable in the hand? Thanks in advance all.

Re: Glock SF? what is this

I've owned and put quite a few rounds through 21's and 21SF's. While I've never measured to know exactly what the difference are, the 21SF is more comfortable in my hand. The 21 is a tad bit big, but the 21SF feels just right.

OK, the SF is a SLIM frame ..... width side to side is the same .... where the difference in the grips is, is measured from front to back width. The hollow opening behind the mag well and the "backstrap" is smaller on the SF's .... hence the slim frame designation.

Short Frame per Glock.

Either way - the slim frame would've been more universal.

Can't go wrong with the 20/21SF models. Very comfortable unless you prefer the larger grip and/or play in the NBA.

ps - be cautious with the 30SF. You may prefer the regular 30 if you go subcomp.

SF is Short Frame. Per Glock. It's shorter front to rear. Feels more like a 22 than a 21. There are a bunch of different versions of the SF frame, two different rails, some with Ambi mag release, but not all and there's even a few running around with thumb safeties from the factory.

Why the fuck would it be a short frame ... its not like the grip is any shorter from the bottom of the grip to the slide rails .... its slimmer from front to back.

Hold one before you order, I have pretty big hands but still find the SF uncomfortable, lees so than the original but worth checking for yourself.