• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns glock sight question...

hyena74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2011
Springfield, MO
i just picked up a long slide glock 34. im looking for a sight set for pretty much just target shooting.

im wanting a plain rear and fiber optic front.

ive heard the height are different on the long slide models?

and im not wanting that six o'clock position funk. id like it to hit poa at 21 feet if possible

anybody recommend any sight and the height (front and rear) that i would need?

Re: glock sight question...

The sights are all the same. I have a 34 and replaced the sights as soon as I bought it. Nothing special just typical trijicon sights and it shoots POA/POI if I do my job.

I have a set of Warren Sevigny Comp sights on my G35, fiber optic front, fixed rear, Dawson adjustable rear with a Dawson FO front is the only other sight I would consider, but the Warren set up was 35 bucks cheaper.

I have Truglo tritium/fiber optic sites on both my G34 and G35 Their not adjustable but their great.Got'em at Natchez for 75 bucks...

First bench your pistol with the sights you have and the ammo you plan to use. FYI ammo 0's can be very different. 147's tend to impact higher and 115's lower (+p 115's tend to be lowest). I would do this at 25 yards. Yes this will require you to shoot the gun and "waste" precious ammo. What you will learn is how "your" pistol shoots. IMO your sights should not be 0'd at 7 yards. You should be 0'd @ 25 yards. If 0'd at 7 yards you will be high at 25. Yes I realize you will conversely be low at 7 yards. However, not as low @7 as you will be high @ 25 and it is much easier to compensate at close range than distance.

After testing your pistol with your ammo, you can go from there. I am a big fan of 10-8 sights. He sells multiple sight heights for glocks as well as a sight height measuring tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a set of Warren Sevigny Comp sights on my G35, fiber optic front, fixed rear, Dawson adjustable rear with a Dawson FO front is the only other sight I would consider, but the Warren set up was 35 bucks cheaper. </div></div>

I actually just ordered a Dawson Precision fixed black rear and FO front for my new 34 yesterday. Their site has alot of good info on it to help you make the decision. They will also exchange front sights for you if you get the wrong one and need it even higher or lower.

Also when you order they send you the sight tool with the front sight.