• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Glock slide cut for Vortex Razor

mdonnr

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2012
Nebraska
Anybody know an outfit that will do a cut for the razor? I don’t plan on using iron sights. This will be a play around pistol using a 17 Gen 4 slide.

If not, may try to find a mos slide on the cheap.

Thanks

I don't know what the hole mounting pattern for the Razor looks like, and I don't know if it interferes with internal components on the slide...

That being said, if the above checks out, the cut and d&T should be fairly straight forward for any GS/machinist. I made a riser block for a Burris Fastfire 3 to fit an ADM picatinny mount in a couple hours from a piece of scrap 6061 on a Bridgeport mill. Even matched the front/rear profile radius.

Anybody know an outfit that will do a cut for the razor? I don’t plan on using iron sights. This will be a play around pistol using a 17 Gen 4 slide.

If not, may try to find a mos slide on the cheap.

Thanks
Check out ATEI.

Ameriguns USA, they have done 4 slides for me with RMR's... Actually, maybe they only do RMR's give them a call good folks.

If I had access to a mill, I would do it. I may have to find someone local to take on the task.

Ameriguns USA, they have done 4 slides for me with RMR's... Actually, maybe they only do RMR's give them a call good folks.
Amerigun USA is solid. Everything Chris has done for me has been top quality.

They specialize in Trijicon night sights and RMRs, but they do mounts for all the other popular red-dot sights, too.