• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SFC Carpentier jr

Minuteman
May 14, 2002
Corpus Christi TX
www.angelfire.com
Found this video on a new glock trigger that will be coming out. A project that Travis Haley has been working on. For you glock shooters.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWEnIJ3VUOQ&feature=g-vrec"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bWEnIJ3VUOQ&feature=g-vrec" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Glock trigger

Looked at it several times just at the moment can't drop 100+ on a trigger. Trying to get a M&P40 hehe. I like the idea though and if it performs it would make a slow press to rear less prone to my inexperienced self.

I have the Haley Skimmer trigger. Its nice, but not as drastic a difference over the stock "-" trigger as you would expect at the price point.

To be very honest, just change out the connector and spring kit. It is a WORLD of difference in the smoothness and accuracy improvement over the factory stuff.

Haley's trigger is nice, don't get me wrong. However, a very quick, simple, do-it-yourself situation, is to change the springs out, and change the connector if you feel like it. You won't regret it at all!!

DK

the thing i hate about the glock trigger is the feel. honestly i went with a billet trigger from glockstore on my 17 and LOVE it, goin to do the same with my 21sf and 19

If the connector and spring isn't enough, Google the ".25 Glock trigger job." It'll instruct you on what to do and where to polish.

I'm thinking a 25cent trigger job, and a 632 machine screw installed in the ejector housing to take up pre travel is all this is, I recommend not changing the striker spring with a reduced power spring unless a lightwieght steel striker is installed, FTF's will occur, my G35 is at 2.5lbs, and I didn't spend 159.95 for it.

Hmmmm. Best of luck with the product. If I wanted a 1911, I'd have purchased one instead of the Glock. I agree with the posters who say the spring replacement would achieve close to the same thing if deemed necessary. Interesting though...

I had the ZEV Fulcrum trigger in my 17 for years. It may seem outlandish to spend that kind of money on a Glock, but it really was one of the best triggers I've ever owned.

Other than the 25¢ trigger job and a hi-power trigger return spring, I optimize sear engagement by sharpie-ing the sear lug on the striker, and the sear. Then I cock and dry fire a dozen times, then inspect the wear pattern. There's always too much engagement for a really clean trigger let-off, so I grind the striker lug for ~.025" engagement.

I really LIKE the glock trigger at about 4lbs, when it breaks cleanly.

The skimmer trigger works, but all they do is drill a new hole for the trigger pivot - this is well documented on Glock Talk. A trigger bar is $17, and it's an easy mod, though I prefer the 2-stage feel of the standard trigger.

ETA: If you grind the striker lug, BEWARE of the fact glock slides fit the frame sloppily, and any up/down play of the slide on the frame AFFECTS sear engagement....SO ACCOUNT FOR IT WHEN GRINDING THE LUG!!!

Speaking of which, if the slide is really sloppy, you can fix that by hammering down the rear steel rails in the frame a little bit.

I have done a similar job to my carry 19. There is a great how-to on Glock talk that walks you through it. I have never pulled a skimmer before, but after watching everyone on the forum tear it apart I kind of glazed over.

I do the 25 cent trigger job, lonewolf 3.5 lb connector, and take a fine ceramic stone and smooth out the cast marks on all the interacting surfaces

I think he puts out a great product, I just don't think it's necessary. I have Glocks and can shoot them very quickly and accurately completely bone stock, definitely not something you should spend $100+ on IMO/IME.

I'm interested enough to try this out. Travis seems like a great guy, I'm a huge fan of the magpul training videos, and it sounded to me like he offered a money back guarantee. There is no arguing the point that although glock stock triggers work, they leave much to be desired. I regularly shoot my 35 to a hundred yards, and the creep makes it much more difficult than it should be.

Yup, just talked myself into ordering a skimmer and probably some new straight eight sights.

I don't like the idea of getting rid of the take up to improve pull. In my mind the takeup of the trigger on the glock is the safety.