• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Glock upgrades?? Trigger,barrel,etc....

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Hi Gang.
Looking for some input on modding a Glock 17. Mainly the GlockWorx Fulcrum trigger and striker and maybe a aftermarket barrel.

Who makes a good "match" grade barrel for the 17?

I am not really a pistol guy....own a few..1911's, DA revolvers,etc. I did own a Glock 17 very briefly way back in the early 90's, but have very little knowledge about them.

Thanks in advance,Stan

Re: Glock upgrades?? Trigger,barrel,etc....

I would try a 3.5lb connector and a 25 cent trigger job before getting the fulcrum (google it). The connector is only about 10 -12 dollars. The newer 3rd gen barrels have more chamber support, and are plenty accurate. I would look into spending the money on nicer sights. Trust me I just sold a bar-sto barrel, and the accuracy is not that different. The after market barrel is good if you want to shoot reloads. Lonewolf and stormlake make nice affordable barrels, the barsto fits tight thus the slightly improved accaurcy, and might not drop in without some work. I dont think the after-market barrel is worth purchassing for an increase in accuracy. Get you some night sights for carry and HD, or adjustable competition sights if its strictly a range gun.

I am a pistol guy - revolver, auto, single-shot hunters. The glock is an excllent choice. The 9mm is an excellent choice if you aren't a pistol afficianado. Corbon 115 HP have a 91-92% one shot incapacitation record in real shooting and if push comes to shove, there will always be 9mm ball ammo anywhere in the world.

My suggestion would be to learn to use the 5.5 lb trigger. The 3.5 set up is good, but it very light for a striker fired pistol w/ no safety. the only thing I really dislike on the glocks is the grip angle, so I modified the grip angle on my M19. Other than that and changing out the barrel with a storm lake SS aftermarket (which also allows me to cast lead bullets for it, right along w/ my .45), it's stock and I love it. www.Allglock is a good place to start.

3.5 connector and the .25 cent trigger job will do wonders, maybe throw in a competition spring kit, the stock Glock sights suck balls, I prefer Warren/Sevigny with fiber optic front, the stock barrel will do pretty dam good, my G35 shoots 4 inch groups at 25yds from sand bags, if you gotta have a after market barrel pass on Lone Wolf and get a KKM.

kkm barrel. get a ss guide rod. and a FACTORY 3.5# connector. rest suck.

I've been to extremes on Glock mods and decided that...well...it wasn't broke, so why was I fixin' it? Now I change the sights on 'em, sometimes. Maybe a bit of stippling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the great input. Yeah..new (night) sights right away for sure.

Take care,Stan </div></div>

Give serious consideration to the Meprolight Tritium Fiber Optics. I put them on my G19 and I really like them.
Colts and Kimbers, you show your friends. Glocks are what you show your enemies.

Vickers mag catch/release, Vickers slide stop/release, good sights, and shoot the shit out of it.

I really like XS Big Dot sights. Also SS guide rod, vickers slide stop/release, also 3.5 trigger.
A tetimony to Glock. My business partner is a firearms instructor and LEO. He put 103,000+ and still going with his Glock 22. Nothing done to other then regular cleaning.

3 1/2# factory connector, 25¢ trigger job and XS Big Dots.

The joke among Glock aficionados is that Glocks don't come from the factory with sights, they come from the factory with sight <span style="font-style: italic">place holders</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I am leaning towards the Truglo fiber optic/Tritium sights.

Also...any recommendations for IWB carry holsters?

Take care,Stan </div></div>

For me Heine Straight 8 night sights and I have tried many Glock IWB holsters and I always come back to my comptac MTAC holster.. awesome fit and modular!

Galco summer comfort is a close second.

Glocks don't need to be "modded", other than switching out the sights. Dave Sevigny once took a Glock 17 straight off the production line, put a set of his sights on it, and won an IDPA championship.

The stock internals are fine. The 5.5 connector is fine. It doesn't need a different trigger or striker or barrel. Alright, rant over.

Now, for sights, the truglos are fine. XS Big Dots are also great. For IWB holsters, the Galco Summer Comfort is a great choice.

I would put the Warren-Sevigny sights on it. If you like stacked dots vs three dot sights, as I do, you will love those.

Josh

As others have said, sights are a must the rest is preference. I would recommend changing the sights and nothing else initially. After a few thousand rounds, if you feel like a 3.5# trigger than go for it.

I use a Crossbread SuperTuck Deluxe to carry my G17, G22, or G27.

I have lots of time with Glocks and still have a few but mainly shoot M&Ps now. The glock regardless has one of the worst triggers on the market (as bad as a smith and wesson sigma) For the money they should have fixed this by now. I agree also that the sights should be changed, trigger needs fixed so I would always replace that or work it over as a first thing before sights. Like said above the Crossbread holsters are hard to beat and they will work the best. If you have any other questions send me a PM and we can talk.

Strangedays

You could always go this route...
These are the two guns I carry most often because these are the two guns I shoot the best.

G17

24qpxye.jpg

G31

hry3py.jpg

Both have the 3.5 lb trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have lots of time with Glocks and still have a few but mainly shoot M&Ps now. The glock regardless has one of the worst triggers on the market (as bad as a smith and wesson sigma) For the money they should have fixed this by now. I agree also that the sights should be changed, trigger needs fixed so I would always replace that or work it over as a first thing before sights. Like said above the Crossbread holsters are hard to beat and they will work the best. If you have any other questions send me a PM and we can talk.

Strangedays </div></div>

Now there is a laugher...an M&P shooter saying the Glock trigger is bad. lmfao
Just proves that there is an ass for every seat. The M&P trigger is why I carry Glocks...

3per,who did the grip mods,that looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MK262</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3per,who did the grip mods,that looks great. </div></div>

Cope Reynolds at www.southwestshootingauthority.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have lots of time with Glocks and still have a few but mainly shoot M&Ps now. The glock regardless has one of the worst triggers on the market (as bad as a smith and wesson sigma) For the money they should have fixed this by now. I agree also that the sights should be changed, trigger needs fixed so I would always replace that or work it over as a first thing before sights. Like said above the Crossbread holsters are hard to beat and they will work the best. If you have any other questions send me a PM and we can talk.

Strangedays </div></div>

Just proves that there is an ass for every seat. The M&P trigger is why I carry Glocks... </div></div>

I smacked my hand to my head over that one too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have lots of time with Glocks and still have a few but mainly shoot M&Ps now. The glock regardless has one of the worst triggers on the market (as bad as a smith and wesson sigma) For the money they should have fixed this by now. I agree also that the sights should be changed, trigger needs fixed so I would always replace that or work it over as a first thing before sights. Like said above the Crossbread holsters are hard to beat and they will work the best. If you have any other questions send me a PM and we can talk.

Strangedays </div></div>

Just proves that there is an ass for every seat. The M&P trigger is why I carry Glocks... </div></div>

I smacked my hand to my head over that one too... </div></div>

^This. The M&P has one of the grittiest triggers in the stock configuration that I have ever felt. Now, once replaced with an APEX kit you have yourself a nice trigger. Then we would need to compare it against a Glock with an aftermarket trigger. I love my G19.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have lots of time with Glocks and still have a few but mainly shoot M&Ps now. The glock regardless has one of the worst triggers on the market (as bad as a smith and wesson sigma) For the money they should have fixed this by now. I agree also that the sights should be changed, trigger needs fixed so I would always replace that or work it over as a first thing before sights. Like said above the Crossbread holsters are hard to beat and they will work the best. If you have any other questions send me a PM and we can talk.

Strangedays </div></div>

You must have felt a bad M&P trigger. Anyone who pulls their head out of the "Glock Only Clubs" main asshole would know that the M&P is better. I shoot both and don't think the factory glock trigger is even close to being as good. I like a nice trigger on all my guns so I don't care much since they all will be replaced or worked over until they feel right. I shot a match and their was a guy who sold glocks wore a glock shirt and said the same BS as some of you against the M&P so I asked him to get five people to feel the factory M&P and the factory Glock and four out of five liked the M&P so say what you will but in the end of the day all the factory triggers suck but Glock is one who shares the top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have lots of time with Glocks and still have a few but mainly shoot M&Ps now. The glock regardless has one of the worst triggers on the market (as bad as a smith and wesson sigma) For the money they should have fixed this by now. I agree also that the sights should be changed, trigger needs fixed so I would always replace that or work it over as a first thing before sights. Like said above the Crossbread holsters are hard to beat and they will work the best. If you have any other questions send me a PM and we can talk.

Strangedays </div></div>

I smacked my hand to my head over that one too... </div></div>
I think you knocked a bit of your brain loose while drinking the glock kool aid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could always go this route...
These are the two guns I carry most often because these are the two guns I shoot the best.

G17

24qpxye.jpg

G31

hry3py.jpg

Both have the 3.5 lb trigger.

</div></div>
Nice slide cuts and stippling on both. Did you use the Lone Wolf 3.5 kit or ?

Ill take a glock trigger over the M&P trigger anyday. I own both models so this is not a biased decision. it takes parts, time and money to improve either one though.

As others have said, the biggest upgrade you can probably do is to replace the sights. I am personally a fan of the Warren Tactical sights. Start with the sights first and go from there.

The 3.5 pound connector is an improvement over the stock trigger pull, but some people aren't comfortable with it if they plan on using it for concealed carry. Personally I have a 3.5 connector and a NY1 spring in my Glock 17. I think the trigger pull is better than the stock trigger and the reset is more positive than with just the 3.5 pound connector in there.

I have carried the same G17 for 15 years now. As far as mods, you can do as much or as little as you like, but all I have done to my 1st gen version is a couple sets of Trijicon night sights(they get dim after a while) and a 3.5lb. connector(keep your finger off the trigger when you are supposed to and the weight is not an issue). I replaced the original guide rod with a stainless one last year, after many thousands of rounds. I have used this gun as is in competition and daily carry, killed a fair amount of fauna with it, and generally trust it implicitly. Shoots to point of aim at 50 ft, generally around an inch at that range. Have broken clay birds on the berm(repeatedly) at 100m with it many times. These guns typically just do the job right out of the box and don't need a lot to make them a good tool.

As far as holsters, to each his own. I like Kramer's horsehide models.