• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sageebr24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
East TN
I am wanting to get a TSD slide for my glock 19 and put a Trijicon RMR on it. My question is does anyone have one of these and if so did you go with the night sights or just the standard black sights? I have night sights on most of my pistols but wasn't sure if the green glow would distract you from obtaining the dot on the RMR as fast as standard black? Also I was thinking of going with the adjustable RMR any suggestions on that? Thank you for any input.

I will be adding a RMR to my glock 19 in the future. I'm pretty sure SOP is too add the suppressor sights with the fiber optic red front sight to go with red dot RMR and black out rears. That's the way I'm planning on going myself.

Who is John Galt?

My brother from another mother has one and the Safariland ALS holster for the RMR Glock. Get the black sights, but make sure to go with the set up that puts the RMR to the rear. Glocks have varying ejection patterns, and the rear iron in front of the RMR will help to protect the glass from brass & debris. I've shot his a good bit and love the concept. The only thing I am hesitant of is rain and humidity in the deep south, esp getting out of a cold vehicle into 100 deg 95% humidity. It can cause fogging issues, but that is more from a duty standpoint. Regardless, this will be the future of pistol sights and if you do your part on the trigger, it will allow you to do with a pistol what one can do with a shoulder fired pistol cal SMG.

At a Vickers class at USTC a few years back several of us were hitting 8" plates with boring regularity at 100 yds with a RMR 17. You will have a learning curve with it. Don't chase the dot, let it float onto the target with your focus being on target vs how you would normally be tracking the front sight. Same as you would shooting dynamicish with a RDS equipped carbine. I do favor the RMR06. Adjustable with smaller dot. You can run it on auto like the others, but if you want to dial it down, it does great for testing loads/shooting groups. Change the battery every 6 months & you'll be GTG.

Last edited:
Also, practice using the optic as a ghost ring to the front iron sight when drawing and coming onto target, until you get the hang of it. This is what causes the most headache to newbys. Once your body gets use to where the optic needs to be to pick up the dot, it will become more 2nd nature. The dot, like a laser can magnify the shooter's wobble zone and cause the shooter to develope a trigger snatch to catch the dot in the right spot. Like I mentioned above, just relax and let the dot float, focus on the target and let the dot settle best you can over your desired POI, and press the trigger straight to the rear. You'll be learning a whole new shooting system, so go slow and get confident with your ability to hit with it before picking up speed.

When firing at speed, you'll lose the dot in recoil. Practicing solid recoil management techniques will mitigate this search Todd Green or Pistol-training.com on youtube and watch his recoil management when firing, esp with the HK45. If you can run the pistol like he does, with the RDS, you'll be on target faster than letting the gun run you.

If you have any specific questions hit me up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 46
Have TSD slides with RM02's on a 17 and a 19. I prefer the black sights (much less busy). The RM02 is preferred, for me, because it auto adjusts to ambient light no matter what.

FWIW, the adjustable models can be set to function identical to the non-adjustable models, so that the dot will auto adjust to ambiant light.

New ones come in 3.25 and 6.5 moa. I have the older 8moa . For me, the larger dot was easier to acquire rapidly.

Anyone running a Gen3 Glock should take a look at the Unity Tactical ATOM slides.

These are replacement slides that are cut for a dovetail adapter plate and come with irons pre-installed. Simply put your factor guts in the slide, choose your optic and install with the adapter plate and your done. What i really like about the system is that you aren't married into one optic. When I got into RDS on pistols it was nice to be able to shoot different types of optics to see what I really liked. I didn't have to send my pistol off to have it cut for a new optic, I simply changed out the adapter plate. I also like that the rear iron is in front of the optic, offering the glass a little protection.

We have slides in stock ready to ship. Only plates that we are out of are RMR plates.

Here is the link to them on our SportOptics page:
Unity Tactical

After some trial and error, I really like adjustable dots. Trijicon RM-07 or an Aimpoint Micro.

Last edited:
What dot size? The small, medium or the larger dots? J

Once you get the hang of shooting one, you'll naturally want to start shooting smaller targets at further distances to see what you can do. The smaller dot shines for this. With a little time on one, I found it didn't make much difference in time acquiring the dot with small vs large. The beauty of the adjustable model allows you to reach down and turn the dot brightness up making the dot appear larger if you like. This is also especially useful in going from areas of low light to very bright light or when using the RMR with a white light. The auto adjust model will dim down in low light. Now if you take you pistol and use a weapon mounted light for a shot, the dot will still be dim as if you are shooting with no light. If you know you're going to be doing shoot house stuff, just bump up the dot to the required setting. It can be set in auto mode and you just bump up the intensity with the index finger. Putting it back in auto mode after you are done is just as easy. I used both the RMR 02 and 06 in some of the mentioned training and found the 06 more versatile. If you are testing different ammo for accuracy at say 25 or 50 yds, being able to dial the smaller dot down in intensity is a huge benefit. With the non-adjusting model, if it is a bright sunny day, you'll have a big bright dot.

And +1 on the Atom mount. That is the way to roll. If something better comes out in a year or two, you're not stuck with a RMR footprint.

For anyone reading this, do not waste your time on a Leupold Delta Point. I have had 2 break...on a 22 lr pistol. I know several others who have had them break under light use.

Thank you all so much I will give the Atom slide a serious look. Think I will go with the 06 adj. sounds pretty good.

One more question how does the Atom slide run and fit up? Has anyone had any malfunction problems out of one?

If anybody has any needs for the milling to be done to fit an existing slide please take a look through our website and services. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask. Most of the points have been address here already but our general consensus is the RMR06 3.25 moa since it is adjustable as well as having the auto adjust feature. You can wash the dot out in certain instances in a low/no light environment if you are lighting behind the optic and you get some spill behind the optic and emitter, this is where the manual setting is nice when you want to lock it into a brighter setting.

If you feel that you need to go with night sights in some fashion you can always run a black rear sight with a tritium front in conjunction with the RMR.

Last edited:
Good luck getting an Atom for a Glock22 anytime soon. I ordered one from a Hide vendor and was told 3 week lead time, that was 13 weeks ago. I know, delays happen, but they seem to happen MUCH more commonly with some vendors than with others.

I hope to have one soon from Chris, or will get a Lone Wolf, they do the same configuration, just not finished like the Atoms.

Business tip for vendors: if you don't know when shit will be available, say that; don't say "3 weeks" then keep apologizing for it being 4X that.

Good luck getting an Atom for a Glock22 anytime soon. I ordered one from a Hide vendor and was told 3 week lead time, that was 13 weeks ago. I know, delays happen, but they seem to happen MUCH more commonly with some vendors than with others.

I hope to have one soon from Chris, or will get a Lone Wolf, they do the same configuration, just not finished like the Atoms.

Business tip for vendors: if you don't know when shit will be available, say that; don't say "3 weeks" then keep apologizing for it being 4X that.
Is this an adapter you are waiting on?
If you have the G22 slide then I have a few of the new beveled edge RMR adapters in stock and can install one on your slide.
I'm not certain who you ordered from but I work to maintain the 3 weeks sort of time line. If I've somehow dropped the ball on this then I offer my sincere apologies

Mark, it is not you. And I am waiting on the entire Atom slide, not a modification to my slide (I need an NV-compatible suppressor host as well as a stock slide.)

I appreciate the info, I might contact you.

Is this an adapter you are waiting on?
If you have the G22 slide then I have a few of the new beveled edge RMR adapters in stock and can install one on your slide.
I'm not certain who you ordered from but I work to maintain the 3 weeks sort of time line. If I've somehow dropped the ball on this then I offer my sincere apologies
Mark thanks for chiming in.

Mark is a go to guy to get an ATOM modification done to your factory slide. I had a customer of mine go through him and his work is great.

Just a quick update for those considering an Atom or other options: the day after I posted above, I ordered a new slide from Lone Wolf, suppressor sights and an RMR, they quoted 3 weeks (seems to be a popular answer) and shipped it in a day over 2. I'll have details up shortly, but wanted to point out that there are other games in town.

I would'a liked an Atom slide, but after being told 3 weeks, then it taking 13 weeks to find out it'd be another 8-10 weeks, I'm happy to have bid them adieu and found someone who delivers on promises. I cannot switch between red dots (as Atoms can) but that is a minor issue.

More to follow shortly, I have high hopes. Nothing but praise for Lone Wolf, many orders, great customer service, no quality issues yet.

GlockRMR1_zpsbf853155.jpg

GlockRMR5_zpsb5d24236.jpg

Initial thoughts of Glock with RMR: not like a dot site on a rifle or shotgun! Running with helmet-mounted PVS-14, it is quite easy to find the dot and put rounds on target; on the range, where traditional sites are so ingrained, it isn't at all second nature to look for the dot - not yet anyway.

For me, it kinda comes down to whether I wish to continue with traditional sites on most of my handguns, or start swapping all to dots - or just use the dot site on my dedicated NVG side arm.

Also, the tritium/ambient does not work well when looking at a bright target from a dark position. I see why many go with the LED. In low light, no flashlights, it's easy. And when shooting from dark position toward well illuminated target, the back-ups are perfectly serviceable.

I like it. I need a few thousands rounds down range before I can decide what real-world use it might have, beyond NVG.

Mark Housel's work on my Glocks:

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3529.JPG

I could not be more pleased with Mark's work.

ATOM slide makeovers:

IMG_3846.JPG

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3933.JPG

The high speed boyz who train at John Shaw's place are doing the entire Mid-South Pistol Metal Mania at night, with RDS and NVG. Some are turning in better times at night than during the day. So, with the right training, amazing things are possible.

Last edited:
I picked up a Gen 3 G19 complete lower a little while ago and received my SI/TSD G19 milled slide in Tungsten yesterday. Waiting on TSD G19 match threaded barrel, Suppressor sights, slide internals and RM06 to arrive in the mail so I can get it to the range. I've shot a few different TSD RMR Glocks and I prefer the smaller dot which is why I'm going with the RM06.

Amazing that these guns can run with a 3 ounce optic on the slide!
This chart (not currently on the site but from a Google archive) of RDS combinations, from Unity Tactical shows the variation in slide weight.

Adapter Net Weight Increase
(With Optic)
Aimpoint Micro2.05 Ounces
Trijicon RMR0.00 Ounces
Leupold Deltapoint(-)0.60 Ounces
Insight MRDS(-)0.35 Ounces
DR Optic / Burris FF2(-)0.30 Ounces
Iron Sights(-)1.0 Ounces

<tbody>
</tbody>

And once again MSTN comes in and posts several pictures that again make me want something even more... Damn it, I was already wanting to get one of these ATOM slides and now I see these photos... damn it!