• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

glue bullets

destroyer_85_golf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2013
Hillsdale Illinois
Saw this on you tube the other day and decided to give it a try. I have a smith and Wesson .500 mag, so I took a mold and slinked away with wifeys hot glue gun and every stick of glue she had and made some bullets. they're fun, I shot into a box with a towel in it and it easily stopped them for re-use. didn't use any powder just a magnum primer. they were fairly accurate from the 15 feet I was shooting them at. anyone else play around with doing this? cant wait to get it out this weekend and try to shoot some ground squirrels with it.

one more thing, if your going to do this use a large glue gun not the small sticks like my wife had. the bullets don't form all the way and you get air pockets in them where the glue cools entering the mold.

iv messed around with it a fair bit.

what i found works best is to

get some parafin wax (walmart) take a small tupperware and melt the wax in it
once the wax cools and hardens press the case into the wax and you have a perfect caliber sized wax bullet

you can vary the thickness of the melted wax for larger or smaller bullets

if you want a little more oomph, then drill out the flash hole to a larger size. BUT KEEP THESE CASES SEPARATE from your normal brass

iv also taken a piece of bread and balled it up to fit into the case. Works really well

would it work with small mag primers in a 357mag?? and are they deadly? and would they work in a semi auto? I know it would not cycle but could you still do it for example in a glock 9mm??

I guess it would be the same as paintball with out the mess HAHAHA,

Is this what the mounted cowboy action guys are doing?
They use a blank with black powder so that the unburned kernels break the balloons (safe for the competitors, horses, spectators, etc.) The quick draw guys use wax bullets with a case drilled to accept a loose fit shotgun primer (no powder.) It's pretty amazing the speed at which the wax bullets come out of the business end.

I don't know about deadly but I missed the bag on one of the shots, and it put a nice dent in the drywall...... gotta explain that one to the wife. I don't know if it leaves glue in the barrel but I would imagine that as soon as you go out and shoot a couple FMJ's through it it should be cleaned out. I learned the hard way today that you need to lube the bullets. I am pounding out one right now in my 500.

I've had some X-ring rubber bullets for my 45 auto for like 20 yrs. They are made of hard rubber and shaped like a pellet for an air rifle. Only use a primer and very accurate at 25 ft. I initially used an old army surplus wool blanket draped over a dowell rod as a backstop. The rubber bullets with just a std primer would penetrate at least 8 thicknesses of the blanket hanging slack over the rod. I would think these solid glue bullets would have even more penetration. I wouldn't want to get shot with one.....