• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go Be Poor Somewhere Else thread

Fleshlight-IceLady-31-300x292.jpg

How bout a gold plated fleshlight ?

No self-respecting “rich” person is slumming it in a Lear 75.

The discussion starts at the supermidsize segment (Challenger 300/350, G280, Praetor 500) and really doesn’t get serious until you hit the 2000LXS or its larger Savannah/Montreal-built competitors.

Truth. My company ride at one of my "C" jobs was a Citation III - lowbrow. Couldn't even get from the east back to SNA without a fuel stop in the middle of Kansas or something. (You're supposed to actualy flyover the flyover states.) Upgraded to a G4 - much better!

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Truth. My company ride at one of my "C" jobs was a Citation III - lowbrow. Couldn't even get from the east back to SNA without a fuel stop in the middle of Kansas or something. (You're supposed to actualy flyover the flyover states.) Upgraded to a G4 - much better!

One time, I flew my former boss and his wife to watch David Letterman interview Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah's Global Express was to the left of us; Dave had a NetJets G200 to the right. We parked our (delivered to us spanking new from the factory) Citation CJ2+ in the middle. Without missing a beat, my boss said "Guess who the poor white trash is today."

One time, I flew my former boss and his wife to watch David Letterman interview Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah's Global Express was to the left of us; Dave had a NetJets G200 to the right. We parked our (delivered to us spanking new from the factory) Citation CJ2+ in the middle. Without missing a beat, my boss said "Guess who the poor white trash is today."
Yep!

Always someone with more $$$.

I make parts that go in the engines of the citation cj 2 3 and 4.

Also parts that go into the tomahawk, the agm86 alcm, and the agm158b jassm er.

• Love
I make parts that go in the engines of the citation cj 2 3 and 4.

Also parts that go into the tomahawk, the agm86 alcm, and the agm158b jassm er.

Then we need to have a talk about the shitty turbine shaft bearings that went into the FJ44-3A series....lol

Reactions: Huskydriver
So while working one contract in Saudi, the prince sent his guns over to us for zeroing before going on a safari. He had some pretty cool stuff but none of them were blinged out, actually they were all top grade stuff and he was a S&B whore.

The king's palace may be one thing, but otherwise Riyadh is third world compared to Dubai. I really thought it would be nicer than what it was.
Do you remember what all rifles he had? For a Saudi Prince.. Im guessing Holland and Holland double rifles, Rigby Magnum Mausers..?

I thought I was just going to see an entire forum of Desert Tech rifles.. those things cost more than my last truck

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
Muh oil change....

And I thought maintenance on a Jaguar XJS 5.3L V12 I had at one point was horribly bad.

In order to change the rear brakes you had to remove basically the rear end and axles. An oil change had 2-3 hours of labor in it as you literally had to remove parts from underneath the vehicle to get to the oil pan. It also required an annual tune up.

There was also a learning process to be able to drive it on the highway or any road with curves where you were going over 45 because the thing was extremely front heavy and all metal and if you didn't know what to do you'd basically lose the rear end from under you.

And I thought maintenance on a Jaguar XJS 5.3L V12 I had at one point was horribly bad.

In order to change the rear brakes you had to remove basically the rear end and axles. An oil change had 2-3 hours of labor in it as you literally had to remove parts from underneath the vehicle to get to the oil pan. It also required an annual tune up.

There was also a learning process to be able to drive it on the highway or any road with curves where you were going over 45 because the thing was extremely front heavy and all metal and if you didn't know what to do you'd basically lose the rear end from under you.
@TheGerman when you gonna start properly representing your father land and pick up one of these to put all these AI owners to shame?

Reactions: deersniper
@TheGerman when you gonna start properly representing your father land and pick up one of these to put all these AI owners to shame?

Let me know when they figure out a switchbarrel system for that.

I honestly have no idea why they didn't just keep the AIs in the system as the G22 I used was a AI AW.

Also, can they get that scope any higher?

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Let me know when they figure out a switchbarrel system for that.

I honestly have no idea why they didn't just keep the AIs in the system as the G22 I used was a AI AW.

Also, can they get that scope any higher?
Probably just wanted a homegrown solution as much as anything else, no?

Hi,

Majority but not completely.
Same as the MK556.

Some parts are made in Abu Dhabi right across the hallway from Caracal.

Sincerely,
Theis
Do you know what effect the new Swiss gun control law will have on Swiss rifle manufacturing? Is it gonna shut them down or will Swiss Arms, Bleiker, Grunig & Elmiger, etc be allowed to continue building rifles(and shipping them to US)?

For fuckin' around with rioters -

Do you know what effect the new Swiss gun control law will have on Swiss rifle manufacturing? Is it gonna shut them down or will Swiss Arms, Bleiker, Grunig & Elmiger, etc be allowed to continue building rifles(and shipping them to US)?

Hi,

I do not do much with Switzerland so I have no first hand information.
But, do you have a link to the actual law? All I seem to find is news about the law but not the statute itself.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Hi,

I do not do much with Switzerland so I have no first hand information.
But, do you have a link to the actual law? All I seem to find is news about the law but not the statute itself.

Sincerely,
Theis
Aint been able to find better details either LOL thats why I was hoping someone on the hide knew.. asked multiple people but no dice so far. Let me know if you find out anything, and Ill be sure to post if I do also... be a shame if Swiss rifle manufacturing gets shut down, truly..

@Bender

Let it goooooo...........................:)

In a previous life i co-captained a 65’ hatteras out of cali. 6’ of draft and low tide in certain bays were schetchy af. Watching the props kick up mud and feeling it in the wheel wasn’t my idea of a good time. Getting fuel in magdalena bay where you have to physically make sure the diesel will even burn, yeah..... so glad i got out of that industry. Too many blow hards, self important assholes and people who buy a fishing boat but hate fishing.

I would be happier in a 32’ like the luhrs my dads buddy had, let it rot in the slip, but i like smaller craft, i was not crazy about big seas, gulf of mexico is a better fit for me. Damn i miss the gulf fishing 😭

@Bender

Let it goooooo...........................:)

Been on some of the bigger sportfishers when fishing in the Midatlantic, personal opinion is that Viking makes a better boat than Hatteras.

Also I missed the crazy times by about 15 years because based on the stories I hear there used to be some crazy shit going on back in the day during the tournament. Cases of expensive liquor rolling down the docks, horns announcing shots at 2am before fishing, strippers doing cocaine swinging from the tower legs as they leave the docks, girls in non existent dresses trolling for husbands and banging mates on the bridge. It was apparently quite the party for years until some lady fell off one of the boats and got seriously injured, after that the marina started clamping on it because they didn’t want to get sued.

Fast forward to this year all we had was some preppy douchebag from a prep high school throw a party after his dad left their boat so we got stuck with whatever bullshit rap they pass as music these days while a bunch of underaged teenagers got wasted and twerked around to shitty music, not my idea of a good time.

Been on some of the bigger sportfishers when fishing in the Midatlantic, personal opinion is that Viking makes a better boat than Hatteras.
In which way? Fishability? Seaworthiness? Performance? Fit finish? Everything?

What's your take on Bertram? We had a 38 Mk III when I was in my teens.

Assuming you worked as a mate or captain?

Sounds like a cool gig, but I know anything related to running a vessel is a shitload of work no matter what kind of vessel.

In which way? Fishability? Seaworthiness? Performance? Fit finish? Everything?

What's your take on Bertram? We had a 38 Mk III when I was in my teens.

Assuming you worked as a mate or captain?

Sounds like a cool gig, but I know anything related to running a vessel is a shitload of work no matter what kind of vessel.

Mostly in fit and finish in the engine rooms, wiring and all the behind the scenes stuff which was much better on the Viking. All the interior cabin and exterior finishes were top of the line but that needs to be to impress that clientele who generally bitch when anything is out of place. Behind the scenes though the Vikings are much cleaner and neater in their design and layout. For example Viking runs their wiring through a machine that labels the wire for its exact purpose down the entire length so no matter where you find it you know what it’s for.

Don’t get me wrong they are both fantastic vessels but the Viking is just a bit better. When it comes to the companies themselves then Viking is hands down head and shoulders above Hatteras based on dealings with them. Most of that comes from being a family owned company vs one owned by a venture capital firm but to give you an idea of the character the original owner of Viking used to stand at the front door and personally greet all 1500 of his employees and continued to do it even after he retired.

Not really a mate, just spent a couple years fishing the tournament on a friends boat but now we only fish our own boat which I typically drive while trolling. I have spent countless hours cleaning, washing and working on the boats though when not fishing thought and it’s amazing how fast and far a tuna can fling blood everywhere.

As for Bertram I’ve heard good things about them but personally haven’t ever been on one.