• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

God Bless You Oklahoma

Constitutional Carry has been the law in Kansas since July 1, 2015.........the rest of the country needs to get on the bandwagon.....

Reactions: JFComfort and 1J04
Hi,

@ArmyJerry
Here is some information on that. I was thinking same thing....Ditch Houston for OK.....??? I have to dig into their business taxes and infrastructure.

https://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/state-taxes-oklahoma.aspx

Sincerely,
Theis

Not quite the entire picture. Each city/town and county has it's own tax rate added to the state tax. Average OKC tax rate totals are just shy of 9%, with some as high as 11%
Oklahoma Sales Tax. The state sales tax rate in Oklahoma is 4.5%. Alone, that would be the 13th-lowest rate in the country. However, in addition to that rate, Oklahoma has some of the highest local sales taxes in the country, with combined city and county rates as high as 6.5%.

Thankfully, things are getting better, Edmond got rid of Bob Ricks as police chief last year.

State income tax....
One of the reasons I hope to stay in Texas as long as possible.

There is a toll road in between Joplin Mo and Tulsa.
Probably the closest thing I've seen to an Autobahn in the US.

R

Ahh yes. The will Rogers turnpike. Take exit 289 and see what used to be the world’s largest McDonalds. I’m just down the road a bit

R

R
Try to go 85mph and see what happens....boatload of troopers along that stretch usually....

BW8 in Houston is authbahn-like IMO. There are troopers all over it, as well, but I have no idea how to piss them off. Limit is 65, but 80-85 is average and I am frequently passed by troopers at that speed, the ones off on the side of the road just sit in their cars and don't move when I go by, but there's always people getting pulled over for lord knows what.

Lived 6 years in Tulsa (well Bixby, but the same difference). I enjoyed my time in Oklahoma.
The weather is schizophrenic and every rain storm is a catastrophic event, but it is a nice place.

IIRC, Oklahoma is the only state that can claim that not a single county in the entire state went for a Democrat in the last 4 presidential elections.

Lived 6 years in Tulsa (well Bixby, but the same difference). I enjoyed my time in Oklahoma.
The weather is schizophrenic and every rain storm is a catastrophic event, but it is a nice place.

IIRC, Oklahoma is the only state that can claim that not a single county in the entire state went for a Democrat in the last 4 presidential elections.

When did you live in bixby? I grew up there left in ‘98 for Stillwater and now in Vinita

Kansas has been his way for some years now. But like us Kansans say Oklahoma blows and Nebraska sucks.

BW8 in Houston is authbahn-like IMO. There are troopers all over it, as well, but I have no idea how to piss them off. Limit is 65, but 80-85 is average and I am frequently passed by troopers at that speed, the ones off on the side of the road just sit in their cars and don't move when I go by, but there's always people getting pulled over for lord knows what.

I have gotten pulled over for driving the speed limit the cops said and I quote. Boy what the hell are you doing I stated sir I was driving the speed limit, he said get your country ass on the road and stay with the flow of traffic that is the speed limit. Yes sir drove 80 the rest of the way

Reactions: mheimer_45
You can carry open or concealed with no permit here in Arizona as well. The state does offer a permit though I guess so you can carry in other states that support it.