• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gofundme for a fallen sniper

Jayhop101

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2014
Hey guys i am a ddm in iraq at the embassy. We had one of our guys kill himself while he was on leave. Brian was a formwr army sniper and was working here in that same capacity. He was a good man that let the ptsd win. He left behind two kids with his ex wife who is a financial hardship without the support he gave here. We have started a gofundme for her. If you are ablee please help this family out, if not could you please post this where ever you can.

• Sad
Reactions: clcustom1911
@Lowlight can decide if it stays, tagged him if he hasn't seen it yet. I see no problem in it, but this isn't my house. I would like to see a little bit of vetting of the situation, no offense intended but despite a 2014 join date, you (OP) are not much of an active member. I'm sure you can understand us being a skeptical bunch. Maybe if someone more well known and in the same arena <cough cough @clcustom1911 cough cough> can vouch, I'll mournfully throw in on it because it does hit home for me.

As someone who did the contracting thing for way too long myself (8 years and then some) and went through my own divorce in the middle as well, I'll say I'm saddened and very empathetic to hear about something like this. The job is stressful enough as it is, and exponentially amplified if things at home aren't well. Take care of your brothers as well as you can, and take care of yourself too. Best thing I did was leave it, more than enough money to be made stateside and only wish I had done it earlier. I said for a long time working over there, don't treat it as a career, just a stepping stone to get back to the USA in a better financial condition. Haji land work is fucking poison on the mind and soul, just didn't realize it while I was there.

So sad leaving behind two young girls like that, so fucking sad...

@Lowlight can decide if it stays, tagged him if he hasn't seen it yet. I see no problem in it, but this isn't my house. I would like to see a little bit of vetting of the situation, no offense intended but despite a 2014 join date, you (OP) are not much of an active member. I'm sure you can understand us being a skeptical bunch. Maybe if someone more well known and in the same arena <cough cough @clcustom1911 cough cough> can vouch, I'll mournfully throw in on it because it does hit home for me.

As someone who did the contracting thing for way too long myself (8 years and then some) and went through my own divorce in the middle as well, I'll say I'm saddened and very empathetic to hear about something like this. The job is stressful enough as it is, and exponentially amplified if things at home aren't well. Take care of your brothers as well as you can, and take care of yourself too. Best thing I did was leave it, more than enough money to be made stateside and only wish I had done it earlier. I said for a long time working over there, don't treat it as a career, just a stepping stone to get back to the USA in a better financial condition. Haji land work is fucking poison on the mind and soul, just didn't realize it while I was there.

Welcome to the party, Pal!

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
I am not gonna vet this, if you all think it's okay I am good with it,

But for sure, these need to be approved by the admin, you can't just post a fundraiser

We want to support members of our community, in many cases I am reach out by the Scout Sniper Association or Recon Sniper Foundation when posting these fundraisers

Those organizations know the players

Hey guys i am a ddm in iraq at the embassy. We had one of our guys kill himself while he was on leave. Brian was a formwr army sniper and was working here in that same capacity. He was a good man that let the ptsd win. He left behind two kids with his ex wife who is a financial hardship without the support he gave here. We have started a gofundme for her. If you are ablee please help this family out, if not could you please post this where ever you can.

Brian was a hell of a guy. I really enjoyed just a talking about life with him. He could have a conversation with a tree with a smile and laugh. He is missed, and it's tough.

Life is difficult sometimes, and in our line of work, we are sometimes too tough for our own good. If your having a rough go at it... please reach out to someone.

- Doc

The OP is good buddy of mine.

Thanks OP for making us aware, and thanks Frank for letting it stand. @clcustom1911 vouching it's legit is all I needed to mournfully help a bit, damn sad to hear about it, as I mentioned before it's all too familiar of a story for me.

Take care men, take great care...

Reactions: Jayhop101
Hey guys yeah i dont post much, not much into public forums. But hopefully it stands, we have been making good progress with the gofundme. I have been in regular contact with Brians ex and she is floored by the out pouring of support.