• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    You’ve got your new precision rifle and you’ve downloaded the latest – greatest ballistic solver. You are coffee’d up, it’s a beautiful day and you are off to the range to gather data. But really. Really. Do you understand what you are doing? Most do not.

Many shooters attempt to create hit data (Data On Prior Engagement) utilizing a ballistic chart of pre-printed data points based on the basic ballistic solver parameter inputs; bullet diameter, bullet weight, muzzle velocity, ballistic coefficient, yada yada yada. I get it. It can be done, but it is neither predictable nor repeatable because you are working on the problem from the wrong end. Don’t start with solutions. Start with problems.

Problem Number One: Zero the Shooter

You must be fundamentally sound. You must be able to create one five-shot group and not five one-shot groups. Therefore you must be consistent from press to press and shot to shot. That is learned. You must seek training from training...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
    What a great article, it all makes sense, I feel like an idiot , trim cases trickle charge, check runout, anneal, chrono loads . I’ve been frustrated since I started using a ballistic app , talked to serious shooters at range about apps. Been hearing the term “garbage in garbage out “ for a while now. Excited to use this. Just when I thought I knew everything about long range.😔

• Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    What a great article, it all makes sense, I feel like an idiot , trim cases trickle charge, check runout, anneal, chrono loads . I’ve been frustrated since I started using a ballistic app , talked to serious shooters at range about apps. Been hearing the term “garbage in garbage out “ for a while now. Excited to use this. Just when I thought I knew everything about long range.😔
    Drop me an email or a PM and I'll send you a pdf of the current Weaponized Math Worksheet which contains a Drop column on the right to compute your drop. Once a shooter has used our sheet over the course of a 1000 yard range, it all comes very clear.

Any questions about how this works, shooters? PM me. I want you to "get it".

...Taylor

Reactions: MikeBotz
    Drop me an email or a PM and I'll send you a pdf of the current Weaponized Math Worksheet which contains a Drop column on the right to compute your drop. Once a shooter has used our sheet over the course of a 1000 yard range, it all comes very clear.

Any questions about how this works, shooters? PM me. I want you to "get it".

...Taylor