• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors good 9mm suppressor for both pistol and sbr?

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
i don't know much about 9mm suppressors but is it possible to get one to take on and off my pistol (glock) and rifle? thanks for any info.

I just went through the same decision process as you and went with a rugged obsidian 9. If you have any 45s then I'd look hard at the dead air ghost as well

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
SilencerCo Omega 9k can be run on both 9mm pistol and subsonic 300 BlackOut.
In a very compact package with decent suppression. It works nicely on a Glock 19 and 17 ?

SilencerCo Omega 9k can be run on both 9mm pistol and subsonic 300 BlackOut.
In a very compact package with decent suppression. It works nicely on a Glock 19 and 17 ?

I've got one of these and would second it. It's claim to fame is it's size. It can fit a handgun and the handgun still be usable. I even had a G19 barrel cut and threaded into a G26 for one. I don't use it on .300BLK but it's because I have others. It'd be a fine SBR can for sure.

I've got a longer can, a Mystic X, and I fired it a few times when I got it and it sat in the safe since then. Here I am years later and looking at building a 9mm AR JUST so I can use the damn thing on something. Unless you're big into pistols and shooting 'em suppressed with the weight and all, I'd shy from most of 'em altogether.

The Omega 9k isn't bad for it's size either and it's small enough IMO to fit a handgun. Of course you give up a bit of suppression that way but you gain more usability.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
As long as your only shooting subs there's quite a few options. If you want to be able to shoot supers the list is very short. Liberty Mystic or Silencerco Omega 9k come to mind.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I love my dead air ghost m. I've ran it on a 9mm & 380 pistol, it's very quiet. I just ordered a 300 blackout upper to run it on, can't wait to see what it sounds like on it.

As long as your only shooting subs there's quite a few options. If you want to be able to shoot supers the list is very short. Liberty Mystic or Silencerco Omega 9k come to mind.

Dead Air Wolf and Griffin Revo 9 also shoot 300BLK supers. If I remember correctly, the Griffin requires a certain set up for short barrel BLK supers.

The Griffin is only rated for a couple shots at a time with supers. 5-7 shots and then cool down.

I use an SWR Octane 9 HD in 9mm.

Run it on my pistols, and it also serves on my HK34 and MP5.

Occasionally I will run it on my 22rf since it is can be disassembled.

The HK34 is rifle length.

Rugged Obsidian 45. Love mine. Especially being able to run the short config on my pistols and the long config under the handguard on my AR9 and AR45.

Also lifetime no questions asked warranty and belt fed machine gun rated up to subsonic 300blk.

Just an FYI I called Dead Air Friday to verify i could use my Ghost M on my 20" . 308 bolt gun. Was told YES as long as all I used was SUBSONIC ammo.

I bought an Octane 45 and I run it on pistols, SBR Scorpion, and .300 BO.

Makes the SBR’s sound like paintball guns.