• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Good all arounder

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Looking to get my first can, wanting to get something that can run on several different guns using the same muzzle device. I don't know much about the suppressor market. Mostly will be used on 223 and 22 LR, also 6.5 cm and 308. Is there anything out there that fits the bill? Don't care too much about size or weight but don't want something gigantic. Any other factors I should consider? Ideally I'd get the 22LR its own can but since Ill only be getting one to start, I don't mind using a 30 cal on the 22 for awhile.

Looking to get my first can, wanting to get something that can run on several different guns using the same muzzle device. I don't know much about the suppressor market. Mostly will be used on 223 and 22 LR, also 6.5 cm and 308. Is there anything out there that fits the bill? Don't care too much about size or weight but don't want something gigantic. Any other factors I should consider? Ideally I'd get the 22LR its own can but since Ill only be getting one to start, I don't mind using a 30 cal on the 22 for awhile.

If you are going to do 22lr in a 30 cal can you need to get one that is user serviceable.

.22lr is a dirty heavily fouling caliber. You would need to clean the can every time after using it on 22 (depending on round count). I would not recommend shooting 22 then switching to another caliber without cleaning. You can dislodge fouling and cause baffle strikes or something to go wrong.

The .22 will also not sound great on a .30 cal can.

I would very highly recommend just getting a .22lr suppressor (Mask or Occulus are some of my favorites) and say a Dead Air Nomad.

As far as mounting solutions I really like the Rearden Atlas system.

Reactions: jLorenzo
Go ahead and pony-up the cash for 2 cans.

As was stated, you do NOT want to shoot .22LR (or any rimfire) through your centerfire rifle or pistol suppressors. Get a dedicated rimfire can that pulls completely apart for service/cleaning. My recommendation is the Dead Air Mask HD. It's rated all the way up to .17 HMR and 5.7x28.

As for a "do-all" .30 caliber and under rifle can for both semi-auto and bolt-actions, the Dead Air Sandman-S or Nomad-30 would be great options. If you plan on shooting more AR's than bolt-actions, I would go Sandman-S. But if you plan on shooting slow-paced and bolt-actions, then I would go for the Nomad-30. 👍🏼

Reactions: jLorenzo
0A16F677-71C1-4967-BAFD-015580FF0E64.jpeg

I went with a dead air Mask and a dead air sandman. Pretty damn happy, sandman works well on .223 stuff, better is you get the end cap and swap it when you need to. It’s decent with the .30 endcap too.
Mask is a great little can, no complaints

Reactions: FuhQ