• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good budget option for a 6.5c

Mongoose67

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado
I'm building out a Tikka T3x in 6.5c with a MDT LSS Gen2 chassis and am looking for budget glass under $700. I have an EP5 5-25x, but the glass is not great above 20x. I want to start playing around with long range steel. I'm looking at three options:
- Bushnell Match Pro ED 5-30 $699
- Burris XTR II 8-40 $629
- Bushnell Forge 3-24 $499

I am leaning towards the Match Pro ED. I have purchased and sold the Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25 and was not impressed for the money. My DMRII was better for less money. I was looking at a great deal on the Riton x7, but they are now out of stock on the discounted model. I really need clear glass. Any recommendations.

Do you have any personal experience with these? I have had a couple of lower end Buris and was not thrilled.
I have 3 of them. They are good scopes , especially at that sale price. They are not lower end Burris scopes. They actually had an MSRP of $1,499, but retailed at around $1,000.

Also, this is the same exact scope you listed in your initial list, just with less magnification.

The 8-40 XTRII is more an F Class optic. As suggested above, you'll want the 5-25 or 4-20.

That's a great sale price on the 25x. That scope has been around for a decade. You'll be hard put to find one with better reliability and durability than that one.

The 8-40 XTRII is more an F Class optic. As suggested above, you'll want the 5-25 or 4-20.

That's a great sale price on the 25x. That scope has been around for a decade. You'll be hard put to find one with better reliability and durability than that one.
If I am only using it for long range, what's the down side to F-Class? I assume this is optimized for 1000 yards.