• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good budget weapon light for 10.5

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Just want something simple that isn't a total POS. Dont want a separate pad just a button on the end cap. Going on a MOE carbine handguard. Recommendations? I'm familiar with long range gear but I haven't delved into this stuff very much.

Streamlight ProTac, but use the clicky cap because their wires fail quickly going to the pressure pad. That's about $110-ish. Or a Surefire 600/640DF is $200.

Reactions: DIBBS and jLorenzo
Dudes got a Balder O-light with green laser on here at the PX. Pretty good budget light I guess, but I don't own any so I don't know. A buddy of mine does and he seems to like em.

I went shooting with a guy that had a $40 flashlight attached to his gun in a regular 30mm scope ring. I kept expecting it to fail- but it didn't. He said it had been on his gun for a couple of years- and it was definitely brighter than my light that was made for shooting. Not sure that's recommended... but I do wish I would have got the name and model of that flashlight.

Reactions: jLorenzo
Streamlight, is the only real budget option if you want something legitimately reliable. The switches on Inforce light are a well known failure point. And Olight’s don’t hold up to serious use.

I really like my Streamlight TLR1 HL. The regular light is around $130. I have several. My 10.5 SBR 556 wears the HLG model with the green laser

I dunno if this is budget or not but the Olight Odin Mini is my new jam. For 140.00 I don’t think it can be beat. Comes with 45 degree mlok offset with QD setup. 1250 lumen high output. Brother with his 400.00 sure fire setup was jealous.

Inforce Lights would meet your criteria:

I have one of the original Inforce lights on my house rifle. It has never missed a beat. If the rifle will be used inside I would stay away from the stronger lights.

Reactions: bunsen27
This one for $39 is rechargeable and can be used on off the weapon , rifle / pistol / whatever , installs / removes in seconds. The surefire has a few more lumens for 10X price. A pocket / hat bill clip makes it handy not mounted. I must have a dozen of these.
1611064581145.jpeg
1611063119536.jpeg
1611063216820.jpeg
1611064114178.jpeg
1611064194618.jpeg
1611064405875.jpeg
1611064405875.jpeg
1611064496997.jpeg
1611064581145.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm pretty close with the Arisaka Defense guys and they seem to recommend Streamlight, SureFire, and ModLite.

Be careful with the Streamlights on Amazon / eBay as there are a surprising amount of very, very good fakes that aren't durable enough to withstand recoil and won't fail until your return period has passed.

I'm pretty close with the Arisaka Defense guys and they seem to recommend Streamlight, SureFire, and ModLite.

Be careful with the Streamlights on Amazon / eBay as there are a surprising amount of very, very good fakes that aren't durable enough to withstand recoil and won't fail until your return period has passed.
That’s where I bought my set up. Put the stream light on a Trex/Arisaka light bar to clear my suppressor. Added a cloud defensive switch and it’s been good to go. If it fails then I might invest into a mod light.

a shovel hanging on the wall to make the home intruder dig his own grave lol

I've been really happy with my streamlight. It's a pretty expensive one with a laser I have on my mpx. I think it was $300-ish maybe just under that.

I've been really happy with my streamlight. It's a pretty expensive one with a laser I have on my mpx. I think it was $300-ish maybe just under that.
I forget that cheap on the hide isn't always the cheap I'm thinking of.
I would love a surefire but can't help feeling like I'm paying for a name and a reliable flashlight doesn't have to cost 300$.

Olight Odin mini. 140.00. I guess that’s not cheap either but buy once cry once. Order one on amazon, try it, and send it back if you aren’t 100% satisfied. Also, comes with tail switch and magnetic charging.

Last edited:
Streamlight ProTac, but use the clicky cap because their wires fail quickly going to the pressure pad. That's about $110-ish. Or a Surefire 600/640DF is $200.
Second this. If you really want a tape switch later arisaka sells a tailcap adapter so you can use surefires pads. I have this on an 11.5 mounted to a magpul mlok light arm since the protac rail mount is compatible with SF m300 and m600 mounts. Works very well. Light output is good and has a fair amount of spill, which to me is desirable on a short rifle if you're setting it up for confined spaces

This is a fair deal for the setup.

It sure is

Yes, this one if you can make the LCS fit on the moe handguard also. Otherwise, just the HLX and use the regular tailcap.