• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good cheek pad for Tacticool stock?

Simplejack

Private
Minuteman
Is there a good cheek pad for the Tacticool stock? Something black and that doesn't slide around too much.
I was looking online and most seem to have shell holders for 308 rounds.. I don't need shell holders, just the cheek pad.
Looking for strap on type and not anything I have to modify my stock to get it to fit.

I went to buy this one in black a couple weeks ago but it was out of stock. I emailed them and they said 3-4 weeks to restock so... it should be back in stock soon!

I notice all but one of the colors are out of stock. Not going to order it for a while until towards the end of my gun build, but it's now on the list. :) or I might buy it sooner if I'm low on cash :p Shipping cost is like $12 bucks though..

There's a triad "knockoff" by fox tactical for under 18.00 shipped that I've put on all my rifles. Not too bad, works on the tacticool, factory, choate's, asics stock pretty well so far. Search ebay

the shell holder is remove able via Velcro

I went with a Karsten on mine.

image_zps6b42c603.jpeg

I have the Triad Tactical stock pack mentioned on my Rem 700 and it works well. I do have the one with no pockets or ammo loops, just a stock pack. Thinking of buying another for the Rem 597 .22LR I am building up whose comb isn't high enough for me.

First time Ive seen the FOX TACTICAL product. Happy to see they are following in the footsteps of others, with imported copies. Or do I have it wrong, looks like they have been supporting foreign labor since the 80's. Maybe Midway Larry learned it from Mr. Fox.......

"Mr. Fox became one of the first in the business to tap the overseas market and establish direct import relationships with businesses in Taiwan, Japan, Korea and others."

To the OP. You will like the Triad Stock Pad if you dont need a pocket or shell loops.

If you consider building up the comb with materiel of some sort, just be sure you can get you cleaning rod past it without having to flex it.

Thanks for all the positive comments about the Triad products.

First time Ive seen the FOX TACTICAL product. Happy to see they are following in the footsteps of others, with imported copies. Or do I have it wrong, looks like they have been supporting foreign labor since the 80's. Maybe Midway Larry learned it from Mr. Fox.......

"Mr. Fox became one of the first in the business to tap the overseas market and establish direct import relationships with businesses in Taiwan, Japan, Korea and others."

To the OP. You will like the Triad Stock Pad if you dont need a pocket or shell loops.

If you consider building up the comb with materiel of some sort, just be sure you can get you cleaning rod past it without having to flex it.

I am going to be ordering another stock pack this week....great products.

I know this is the Rimfire sectoin, but do you guys invision a stock pack sooen for the AICS 1.5/2.0 chassis?
Thanks

I use the Tac ops pack, softer than kydex, less slippery, better cheek weld and the storage holds four loaded ten round mags for my savage bolt .22. With a magazine in the rifle it gives me 50 rds without having to put mags in my pocket