• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report good day at the range...

jhelmuth

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
13yihdd.jpg

Shot this today at the Wyoming Antelope Club with this rifle.

1zbt1ra.jpg

4 shot group (I chickened out on taking a 5th shot because I felt certain I'd ruin it). Measured 0.395" across - subtracting the round (.223) to get center-to-center = 0.172" @ 100 yards. That is roughtly 0.17 MOA...

Now I'd have to say that this is the best target I've ever shot (and therefore the best this rifle has ever shot too). But just goes to show that the rifle is very capable...

Jim

Re: good day at the range...

Whether is 4 or 5, that's still a damn nice group. I would have probably queered the 5th one too. Good shooting, and welcome to the Hide.

i dont see how the group shot policy affects this. hes saying this is the best group hes ever shot, not that it does this all the time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim helmuth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
4 shot group (I chickened out on taking a 5th shot because I felt certain I'd ruin it). Measured 0.395" across - subtracting the round (.223) to get center-to-center = 0.172" @ 100 yards. That is roughtly 0.17 MOA...

Now I'd have to say that this is the best target I've ever shot (and therefore the best this rifle has ever shot too). But just goes to show that the rifle is very capable...

Jim</div></div>

I know the feeling. While i've never shot a 4 shot group that tight i've had some that have started off beautifully then i put too much pressure on myself for the 5th and sure enough it blows the entire thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1844402

Check out the Sniper's Hide Group Shot Policy v2 2010

kudos on the target, nice shooting, but make sure you meet the requirement before posting groups again so your post do not get deleted.</div></div>

Yeah, don't be proud of yourself for achieving a personal best and wanting to share it because it doesn't meet SnipersHide Rules.

I swear.....I guess ignorance of "Frank Law" is no excuse, but I've never read that policy until just now. I had no idea we weren't free to post targets/groups however and whenever we wanted. I shot some 600yd steel yesterday with a new rifle I got. I was very proud of it, but glad I didn't post it since it was only 3 shot groups. Man, I would have been shunned back to Predator Masters and LRH with my shitty shooting.

To the OP, good shooting. You should have went for the #5 shot, not because of anybody's rules, but just for yourself. Keep that target and use it as motivation to go shoot another one, but this time make it 5 or 10 shots. Be careful about showing that Savage rifle. They are not supposed to shoot that good and a jealous remington owner might try to steal it and melt it down for the pot metal.

hehehehehehe....

Don't have that rifle now. But it was a good one (IMNSHO).