• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Day

LstManStanding

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2020
When I joined I had no idea of the wealth of knowledge that would be available here. My name is Patrick Thompson and in company such as this, it is my habit to shut up and read and listen. I thank you for adding me and I am about to learn a lot from all of you. My line of work is as a bladesmith and a metalworker including precision machining. The latter is new to me but i have been a bladesmith and precision welder for some time and i am looking to become proficient on the mill and lathe. Everyone brings me their stuff when it breaks. I fix it and return it. Plain and simple. Now im going to go read some ballistics and see about upgrading my membership. Thank you for approving me.

Patrick Thompson

Reactions: DustBun
Already trying to wrap my head around ballistics. So if im shooting over a canyon, its possible for the projectile to drop and then rise again. How does one compensate for that.

I'm still learning ballistics, your best bet is to ask ballistics questions in the ballistics sub-forum. Also, there are some good books out there to help guide you on your journey. I think a great book to start off with is “Precision Rifle Marksmanship: The Fundamentals - A Marine Sniper's Guide to Long Range Shooting” By Frank Galli and also I think this book is recommended here as well, “Applied Ballistics For Long Range Shooting 3rd Edition” by Bryan Litz.

Welcome to the forum from Middle Georgia. There are lots of resources for you to cull through. You can go through the sub-forums and search, try to find it in the training videos, or articles and if all else fails ask the question in the right forum and you're sure to get the answers you need. Sometimes you get more than you bargain for. But glad to have you and hope you enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Macman25
Welcome from CO