• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Deal? Remington 700 stock and bottom metal

twvannatta

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
I got this for my Remington SPS Tactical, and I am thinking I got a pretty good deal. Let me know what you think please. It shot well with the Houge, but I am thinking this one will suit it much better.

Ebay Item: 250668831310

I priced them new with Midway USA at:

$316 - Stock
$278 - Bottom Metal with Detachable Mag

Am I looking at this right?

Re: Good Deal? Remington 700 stock and bottom metal

You'll still want to bed the stock to optimal performance. Plenty of posts on that.

But to answer your question, it does seem like a good deal. You will find out if it is money well spent when you assemble everything together and see how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tommy V.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got this for my Remington SPS Tactical, and I am thinking I got a pretty good deal. Let me know what you think please. It shot well with the Houge, but I am thinking this one will suit it much better.

Ebay Item: 250668831310

I priced them new with Midway USA at:

$316 - Stock
$278 - Bottom Metal with Detachable Mag

Am I looking at this right? </div></div>

Afraid not....and I hate to burst your bubble.

What you got on E-Bay is a H-S Precision Stock made for a Factory Remington DBM System w/ the factory Rem. DBM system and mag box. The square cutout in the stock identifies it as such. It is definitely not H-S Precision Bottom and DBM which costs $278.

Here is a old picture of my 700 LTR (same action as the SPS) with an H-S stock and H-S Precision DBM installed:

DSCF1132.jpg

See no mag box cutout.

Sorry,

Bob

I think anytime you can pick up an HS Precision stock with bottom metal included for around 250 you got a pretty good deal. The stocks by themselves sell fairly regularly for over 200 bucks and I see them go for close to 250 fairly often too. Floorplates will go for 60-80 bucks. So the way I see it, worse case you paid a reasonable price, best case you got a free floorplate.