• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Good deals to be had on new NF scopes?

kb1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2004
Colorado
When looking at NF scopes one thing has become real apparent. NF has an insanely strict pricing policy, and basically wherever you go, you are going to pay the same price, site vendors included. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

So the Nightforce Beast would cost $3,783 everywhere, no negotiation? Who the hell in their right mind would buy a NF when a Schmidt & Bender can be had for $3,700? I'm not a deal expert but this kind of comparison reminds me of how Huyndai marks their sedan up because they think their car is equal or better than a Toyota Camry!

I too looking for some cost saving on a Nightforce, but their prices seem to be outrageously comparable to S & B now.

I would do some more looking and maybe make some polite phone calls. And I don't think anyone is as strict about advertised pricing as Vortex is. But the NF scopes aren't going to be cheap no matter where you shop.

So the Nightforce Beast would cost $3,783 everywhere, no negotiation? Who the hell in their right mind would buy a NF when a Schmidt & Bender can be had for $3,700? I'm not a deal expert but this kind of comparison reminds me of how Huyndai marks their sedan up because they think their car is equal or better than a Toyota Camry!

I too looking for some cost saving on a Nightforce, but their prices seem to be outrageously comparable to S & B now.

What reticles are you comparing? The BEAST price you've given is for a Horus equipped riflescope.

I got my Beast for under 3K.

mile high usually has good prices and they offer a discount for sh members

The biggest problems you face with S&B and Nightforce is the margins from manufacturer to dealer is pretty tight! if you can score one or the other for 5-8% off of MSRP (MAP) your doing good. Some other companies like Leupold and Burris... 15-20% off is pretty good. Unless you start looking at Closeouts & Demos.

If you're willing to look around a bit you can find some goods deals on used scopes as people sell to upgrade their gear. I would agree that for the upper end NF prices, you get really close to S&B.

Yup, i've never seen any ACTARs on sale on a regular basis like Gen II razors. I'd be calling around. I know i plan to for my 4-16 ATACR.

Amazon, search for Nightforce 4-16x42 F1.
$2328 I though was pretty good :)

They do offer a mil/gov/vet pricing but its close to street price as far as I can tell. I maybe off base about the Vet pricing but I am a vet with a .gov email address so I am not sure which one I fall under.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a NSX for less than the discount pricing from sportoptics.

The biggest problems you face with S&B and Nightforce is the margins from manufacturer to dealer is pretty tight! if you can score one or the other for 5-8% off of MSRP (MAP) your doing good. Some other companies like Leupold and Burris... 15-20% off is pretty good. Unless you start looking at Closeouts & Demos.

MSRP = manufacturer's suggested retail price
MAP = minimum advertised price
They are not the same thing.
A retailer can sell them for whatever they want, but cannot advertise them for less than MAP.
Liberty Optics web store lists a number of optics at or above MAP but when they're added to the shopping cart, the actual price is a significant discount. Other retailers require a call to get their best price.