• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good gun shops in the Phoenix area?

P7id10t

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2012
Portland, OR
I'm in PHX for the week and wonder, are there any gunshops you recommend within 100 miles of Phoenix?

For example, if you were going to Portland and needed a gun shop recommendation, Keith's would be the first on the list.

Thanks!

Re: Good gun shops in the Phoenix area?

Depends on if you're buying or just browsing.

Browsing:

Bass Pro Fine Gun Room
Scottsdale Gun Club
US Autoweapons

And if you're going to be here the 19th & 20th, the Crossroads of the West gunshow is at the Arizona State Fairground this weekend.

If you want to join me at the range on South Mountain some morning, send a PM.

Good advice Kswift. Scottsdale gun club also has a range with many full auto's for rent if your just looking to have some fun. The Tommy gun is a blast. No pun intended.

The walls at Scottsdale gun club and U.S. Autoweapons are pretty bare right now. They do have alot of nice handguns still available. Some real nice Wilson Combat .45's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P7id10t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in PHX for the week and wonder, are there any gunshops you recommend within 100 miles of Phoenix?

For example, if you were going to Portland and needed a gun shop recommendation, Keith's would be the first on the list.

Thanks!</div></div>

I can't remember the name of the place, but they were about 4-5 blocks (1/2 mi. maybe) West of Arizona State U. Campus On University or something. That was in '08 when I last went there. Stayed at the Twin Palms Hotel right across the road on the South side of the campus. Apache was that road. University was a couple blocks up.

Edit:

Did a little research and the name of the place is Arizona firearms, collectables and Pawn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did a little research and the name of the place is Arizona firearms, collectables and Pawn. </div></div>

That place is unimpressive and not at all worthy of a visit from an out-of-stater, just in gas money alone.

It's a pawn shop that's trying to focus more and more on guns, but to say that the folks there are oblivious and incompetent in regards to firearm particulars would be an understatement. The employee turnover seems to be pretty high, understandably.

For locals, it's worth stopping in every now and then to see what got pawned by the poor college kids, as the folks there can't identify anything less common than what's in their blue books. As such, occasionally something will be priced so ridiculously low it's a steal because they don't have the foggiest clue what they're looking at.

Otherwise, imagine a small pawn shop with a firearms section about 20x40' with less than 10 parking spaces out front. 90% of the inventory are old junk shotguns, sporterized milsurps, and low-end handguns.

For such a pro-gun state, we don't have a lot of good gun shops. We do have a lot of good manufacturers (McMillan, POF, Quentin Defense, Sun Devil Mfg, Timney, Vltor, Dillon Precision, etc.). We do have some interesting gun shops, like Scottsdale Gun Club & J&G Sales up in Prescott. I find the smaller shops in surrounding towns have better stuff than what we find in the valley, but probably not worth the trip. If you don't have them where you live, a trip to Cabela's or Bass Pro's gun libraries is cool. Bruno's Shooters Supply is great, but they only have a few benchrest rifles and ton of reloading supplies.

Legendary Guns on 19th Ave. Has all the latest weapons and a room just for cowboy shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Did a little research and the name of the place is Arizona firearms, collectables and Pawn. </div></div>

That place is unimpressive and not at all worthy of a visit from an out-of-stater, just in gas money alone.

It's a pawn shop that's trying to focus more and more on guns, but to say that the folks there are oblivious and incompetent in regards to firearm particulars would be an understatement. The employee turnover seems to be pretty high, understandably.

For locals, it's worth stopping in every now and then to see what got pawned by the poor college kids, as the folks there can't identify anything less common than what's in their blue books. As such, occasionally something will be priced so ridiculously low it's a steal because they don't have the foggiest clue what they're looking at.

Otherwise, imagine a small pawn shop with a firearms section about 20x40' with less than 10 parking spaces out front. 90% of the inventory are old junk shotguns, sporterized milsurps, and low-end handguns. </div></div>

KSwift,

I'm wondering if that is the right place. Is there one further away from campus?
The one I went to when I was down there in '08 had a gun wall on the right from the front of the building to the back. Those tan resin overlap boards that allow you to put racks or hooks all along them in the recesses. As you entered the whole right wall was hanging guns when you went in.
But, it was a pawnshop because on the left there was a front showroom and a glass counter-case going all the way to the back. I can't remember if there were tables or stands in the middle.

I would say it was worth going to in '08. If it's a POS place now, don't waste the gas.

AJI Sporting Goods is in the far east valley and Jeff is a good guy. He has been doing alot of news interviews with all the chaos going on and has done very well in them. Not sure what his inventory is though with that being said.

I will give a shout out to my 2 go to shops, although everywhere is pretty bare right now. Bear arms in Scottsdale and Shooters Vault (2 locations). Good guys in both places

My go-to shop when I lived in AZ was S&S Firearms in Tempe. Not much inventory, but he is a decent sized Sig-Sauer dealer. Good guy to just sit and chat with.