• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Guys With Guns Letter to Media...

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    @lowlight

Ok, so this probably won’t be as eloquent usual, but I’m 3 glasses into Angels Envy and it’s 2am. Here is my contribution. Feel free to modify it, rip it to shreds, make it better or whatever. It’s 893 words...

Hi, my name is . I am writing to you tonight to implore you to stop the divisive rhetoric that is constantly in the media about gun owners in this country. All too often law abiding gun owners are somehow labeled as criminals, or even more recently NRA members called terrorists by politicians in California. This kind of speech is downright dangerous on many level and frankly the silent majority is growing tired of being made out to be the likes of criminals all because we have a passion for hunting, protecting ourselves, patriotism or just the overall stress relieving hobby of shooting. Its our version of golf. Everyone has their hobbies that they enjoy yet for whatever reason some people seem hellbent on stripping our rights to ours based off of some knee-jerk reactions to some bad apples that just happened to use a certain tool to carry out their evil. Believe me, we are just as pissed off and saddened as anyone else about these incidents, but cooler heads prevail. You cannot legislate away evil. But, before I get to longwinded I just want to say I am not here to preach, but I woud like the opportunity to fairly defend my shooting community.

You see I hope to represent responsible gun owners and the shooting community in positive ways, instead of allowing the media to cast us all in the same stereotypical negative light. As a community we are doctors, lawyers, IT Professionals, policemen, firemen, airline pilots, military, plumbers, electricians and more who all share the same common interest of the shooting sports and the preservation of this great nation. And, that’s not all. We are father’s, Christian church leaders, other religious leaders, mentors, patriots etc. who help out in all aspects of our communities. I have personally given out food at the local soup kitchens, helped my neighbors in need, helped on habitat for humanity projects, donated money to shelters and so forth because I love my community, I love my country, my church, my God and all of my fellow brothers and sisters. You could call us Difference Makers.

In fact, I have recently joined a group called Good Guys With Guns. It is a group that was created to help spread positive views of gun owners while providing money, tools and resources to projects brought to our attention. Recently, we helped a teacher with autistic children get some much needed books that were not provided for via local educational funding. We wanted these kids to excel and felt compelled to get together and raise the money needed for this teacher and her students to get the books that they so desperately needed. And, we raised the money in less than 24hrs. That’s what the Difference Makers, your local good guys with guns, can do.

Another recent mission was for our group to provide for a family of a police officer that was hurt on the job. They were having a hard time making ends meet while this officer was undergoing surgery and physical therapy for the injury he suffered while providing for his community. I can give you countless examples of similar stories of people, other groups even, that Good Guys With Guns has provided for. As you can see, we are far from insane criminals, or terrorist that the media wants to label us as. So, please stop grouping us with those that actually deserve those labels. You are only hurting innocent people.

Furthermore, please stop taking everything the mass media puts out at face value. Do your own unbiased research and see where that takes you. Reach out to a local gun owner, as most of us can spit out facts and stats that will most likely surprise you. If you actually take the time to do your research then you will find that, according to the CDC, assault weapons cause very few deaths per year, especially when compared to other things like malpractice, drunk driving, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, heart attacks, food, distracted driving, abortion and so on. Something like less than 400 people per year are killed with a so called assault rifle. That’s well below less than 1% when considering a nation of this size. There are literally more people killed each year with hammers than what some like to label as assault weapons. If the objective was really to save lives don’t you think we should be trying to address any of the examples listed above, which kill far more innocent people a year than guns? Think about it.

Lets be honest here, any further restrictions on guns only harms responsible gun owners like us. Afterall, criminals do not follow laws, that’s what makes them criminals. Unfortunately, you cannot legislate away evil. If we could then it would have already been done. Drugs are illegal, yet we still have a drug problem. Do you see where I am going here? If anyone wants to have a real, reasonable conversation about guns, to discuss actual stats and so forth, we gun owners are more than willing to educate, given the opportunity. Before you jump on the bandwagon of “we must do something” please take the time to really educate yourself as we aren’’t just discussing the future of guns, we are discussing the future of this country. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
    every media ave avenue to get our word out is important.

"Letters to the editor" of newspaper is at the bottom of the list of media outlets. Social media and Internet is where people get their news, and the younger they are, the more they use social media (Facebook is considered "old tech" by people 35 and under)

Very good write Silentstalker. I’m gonna send this to our commie mayor!

Very good write Silentstalker. I’m gonna send this to our commie mayor!

Feel free. Might have to modify it a bit as it was written more towards going to someone in the media. There is also some grammatical mistakes I see now but nonetheless it’s hopefully a decent starting point. I wish I could find my letters I wrote after Sandy Hook. Those were award winning and stacked with stats to back up my claims. They were also super concise.

Reactions: Snipe260
    Feel free. Might have to modify it a bit as it was written more towards going to someone in the media. There is also some grammatical mistakes I see now but nonetheless it’s hopefully a decent starting point. I wish I could find my letters I wrote after Sandy Hook. Those were award winning and stacked with stats to back up my claims. They were also super concise.
    Ok I’ll modify! I’ll end with if you don’t like this, stick it up your commie ass!?

I copied and sent it to my friends, and my business Instagram page.