• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good holster for M&p shield

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Looking for a good holster to carry my shield 9mm, appendix carry. Looking at Greenforce and Safariland, any other slightly more affordable options? I know a quality holster is very important, I don't want junk but if I can get something for a decent price obviously that would be ideal. Also a mag carrier would be good, holding 1 or 2.
Any suggestions? Wasn't sure if this should be in the sidearm&k bar section or here.
Thanks

Look no further than JM Kydex for the absolute best AIWB holster. And he has Shield ones in the quick ship section I think. His AIWB mag pouches are stellar as well. If you are not sure exactly which one to get, call him. Tony will spend some time with you on the phone.

You can spend $100 up front for a really really nice functional holster.... or you can be that dumbass that goes through 6 $30 holsters before he realizes he needed the $100 holster from the get-go. AIWB holsters have a very specific set of features that make them work well. And there are very few makers out there that truly make a functional product. Be prepared to pay $100-$150 for a quality product, or be prepared for your AIWB experience to suck until you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just looked into the JM Custom Kydex and he does indeed have them in the quick ship section, for $70-$80. That's a decent price for a quality holster. I may pick one up.

Those JM Customs look nice. I appendix carry my Shield in a G-Code INCOG and have been very happy. It’s very comfortable and has lasted two years with no issues. They are covered in a really thin felt-like material.

I use a DeSantis soft tuck for appendix but it's not great. I usually carry my shield in my pants with big pockets with a DeSantis super fly.
Don't buy the Soft Tuck; follow the advice here on something of better quality.

I have a Blade Tech Klipt IWB appendix carry that is surprisingly more comfortable than the INCOG. I wear it for 13 hours plus with hardly a notice at all. It's 1/3 the cost of the INCOG too.

If youre going for appendix the most highly touted companies are T Rex Arms, Redline Concealment, LAS Concealment, and Tuctite. Some of those websites have "graveyard" sections where they have premade holsters that werent paid for that you can pick up for a steal. If you ever want a regular IWB holster I recommend concealment express. He normally has them on sale for $35 and when I wore mine at 4' oclock I couldnt even tell it was there. Amazingly comfortable. Wore it on day long hikes, in the house, laying on the couch...It was a great holster for the money.

I've got a T-rex sidecar for a glock 43. I highly recommend it. I'm the guy who went through 2 or 3 other holsters and wish i had spent the money up front.

If youre going for appendix the most highly touted companies are T Rex Arms, Redline Concealment, LAS Concealment, and Tuctite. Some of those websites have "graveyard" sections where they have premade holsters that werent paid for that you can pick up for a steal. If you ever want a regular IWB holster I recommend concealment express. He normally has them on sale for $35 and when I wore mine at 4' oclock I couldnt even tell it was there. Amazingly comfortable. Wore it on day long hikes, in the house, laying on the couch...It was a great holster for the money.

And exactly which planet are you from again? Do you even know what carrying AIWB even means? YouÂ’re the guy I alluded to earlier in this thread that wastes $200 $30 at a time before he realizes he could have spent $100 up front for the proper holster to start with.

And exactly which planet are you from again? Do you even know what carrying AIWB even means? YouÂ’re the guy I alluded to earlier in this thread that wastes $200 $30 at a time before he realizes he could have spent $100 up front for the proper holster to start with.

LOL I really hope you're joking asking me if I know what AIWB means when I recommended him four different companies to look into. T Rex Arms is widely known in the industry as the best AIWB holster producer there is and there's a reason people pay a premium and wait 2-3 months for his products. He pioneered AIWB holsters and is one of the reasons for their popularity today. The other AIWB producers I recommended all have extremely good reputations and reviews so not sure why you're all worked up.

I recommended concealment express to him IF he ever was looking for a regular IWB holster or didnt end up liking AIWB. I did so because I actually own one for my Glock 19 and owned one for my Smith and Wesson Shield. They're great holsters, very comfortable, and mine have never disappointed me all for a great price.

I'm really happy you like JM whoever the hell they are but you might be surprised to know that other members on the forum can have a different opinion than you.

I was also that guy that played holster musical chairs and settled on a T-Rex Sidecar. And now have 2 of them. I know there are other AIWB makers out there but I will be all T-Rex going forward. They are uber comfortable.

I carry my Shield AIWB almost daily in a Zorn skinny rig. I asked for the lowest riding clip he had, about half the grip is above the belt line. You can get a couple different height clips to play with

I was also that guy that played holster musical chairs and settled on a T-Rex Sidecar. And now have 2 of them. I know there are other AIWB makers out there but I will be all T-Rex going forward. They are uber comfortable.

Cant beat T Rex Arms ^^^

I can't stand Kydex digging into my inguinal notch, so after going through decades of the trail of holster tears, I just made my own. It's basically an AIWB crossbreed with Kydex for the outer end, leather for the left side, and spacer mesh on the backside for comfort. I have a box with all my previous holsters including Galco, Desantis, Blade Tech, etc. that I keep to remind myself of the journey.

I've been impressed with the Haley Strategic AIWB set-up as well, especially on skinny guys. No profile at all.

+1 for whoever mentioned Vedder, I have their Lighttuck for a G43. Quality has been good (been carrying it daily for the past year or so). Personally I prefer mine at about 4:00, but the clip is adjustable for cant, so you can pretty much carry it wherever you want. Also tuckable if you’re into that.

Slightly off topic, but I also have their Comforttuck for the same pistol. Super comfortable, but really only meant for behind the hip carry.

Dale Fricke Holsters and your good to go. He will do custom work for you as well if you need that.