• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good morning from South Dakota

GUTS

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2021
South Dakota
Hello fellas, I'm a shooter from South Dakota and I've come here because I like real world testing and facts. I've read lot's of posts before joining and there are some very sharp cats around here. I do most of my shooting at our club range, we have NRA steel silhouettes from 50 meters out to a thousand yards(from 50 to 500 are set in meters and everything out past 500 is in yards. I look forward to learning. Talk to you later, Jeff

Reactions: mudpig
Where in SD....gonna be out there in May and June (Rosebud) for Prairie Dogs.

I live in the north central part right on the river. The prairie dogs have been out all winter, except for 3 weeks in Feb. it's been almost like not having winter up here.

I live in the north central part right on the river. The prairie dogs have been out all winter, except for 3 weeks in Feb. it's been almost like not having winter up here.

Jeff,
Welcome to the Hide from Florida.

You should be out killing snow geese and sandhill cranes.
Shoot PDs in the afternoon.
Love that area.
My Dad lived in Timber Lake and Isabel until he passed away.

Are there still good PD towns right where Hwy 12/20 meet just NW of Mobridge?

Lots of smart guys around here so I think you'll be able to learn a lot.

Jeff,
Welcome to the Hide from Florida.

You should be out killing snow geese and sandhill cranes.
Shoot PDs in the afternoon.
Love that area.
My Dad lived in Timber Lake and Isabel until he passed away.

Are there still good PD towns right where Hwy 12/20 meet just NW of Mobridge?

Lots of smart guys around here so I think you'll be able to learn a lot.
The dog town at the junction is huge, it's about 3/4 of a mile by 1 1/2 miles. I think the tribe owns it now and I don't know if they let anyone shoot there or not. Our club range is half way between there and Trail City. What was your dad's last name? I've lived around here for 64 years and know about everyone within 60 miles.

The dog town at the junction is huge, it's about 3/4 of a mile by 1 1/2 miles. I think the tribe owns it now and I don't know if they let anyone shoot there or not. Our club range is half way between there and Trail City. What was your dad's last name? I've lived around here for 64 years and know about everyone within 60 miles.

Dad's last name was same as mine.
He worked part time for the county. He lived there off and on from 2001 to 14.

Every time I saw that town I wanted to hop the fence and get to shooting.

I've lived down here since 04 and can't seem to let go of my varmint rifles...

We will be shooting this year around Winner, SD. I was told that the 'dogs' are all over (on the Rosebud) as it was closed last year due to the Covid deal.....

Welcome aboard!!!! Love SD. My family is from Rapid City. We go back to visit once or twice a year. Awesome place and love the Governor.

Good morning. Up early feeding cows?
Welcome from Oregon.
Lots of good stuff here.
Hey Ranchhand…….great area out there too, although the political climate from the other side of the state is starting to ruin things (like Washington state). Grew up in North Central Oregon (Fossil).

Reactions: Ranchhand
Hello fellas, I'm a shooter from South Dakota and I've come here because I like real world testing and facts. I've read lot's of posts before joining and there are some very sharp cats around here. I do most of my shooting at our club range, we have NRA steel silhouettes from 50 meters out to a thousand yards(from 50 to 500 are set in meters and everything out past 500 is in yards. I look forward to learning. Talk to you later, Jeff
There's Hide members all over SD. Not sure if Hide member Kurt still frequents here much. But he's in the Mobridge area. Theres LR matches and NRL22 matches all over. I heard theres rimfire benchrest in Aberdeen.

This weekend is a NRL22 match in Huron on Sunday.

The monthly NRL22 clubs in SD....

Orlan,SD
Pierre,SD
Huron, SD
Watertown, SD
Canton,SD
Marshall, MN

Lonnie has a centerfire match over near Martin,SD next month.

The South Dakota Long Range Club and South Dakota Rimfire Competition facebook groups post info on pretty much all the area precision rifle matches.

I've heard about the range over there by Mobridge....but I've never been there.