• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Good Morning from Southern OR

Mo_Zam_Beek

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2002
OR_GUN
1_25_areawideshot.jpg

Little encouragement for those in parts of the Nation that haven't seen anything but white snow in some time - it'll be spring soon enough.

Good luck

Re: Good Morning from Southern OR

I see you shoot in one of those areas where the evil capitalists have raped the ancient forest
laugh.gif

That's gorgeous! I envy your mountains there. None where I'm at.

Thats gorgeous, I am in CT and haven't seen nothing but snow for months, expecting 8-10 inches more tonight, yeahhhh

Yeah, I thought I heard something about some Right Coast areas getting another foot of snow today / tonight, and average delays at New York area airports being around 5 hours.

Yasherka - it is deceptively in low altitude - @ 2,500' which is only about 1,200' higher than the valley floor in most areas. We live in a short, steep valley that gets fog and air inversion conditions in the winter. Fancy way to say - the mountains don't allow enough wind into the middle of the bowl that I live in and it creates air pollution.

I like this spot because I can be on site in @ 25 minutes from my backdoor. Also since it is lower in elevation I can pretty much shoot here year around. This is the Cadillac set up here - 300 -> 1,300 / flat or angles. I am set up on 1,100 at the back wall in this pic.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see you shoot in one of those areas where the evil capitalists have raped the ancient forest
laugh.gif
</div></div>

As you well know, if it weren't for those evil capitalists I wouldn't a shot beyond 30 yrds. I love those guys.

Good luck

Breathtaking and highly motivating!
Thanks for sharing that awesome improv range pic!
Oh, yeah, almost forgot...have chainsaw, will travel!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I thought I heard something about some Right Coast areas getting another foot of snow today / tonight, and average delays at New York area airports being around 5 hours.

Yasherka - it is deceptively in low altitude - @ 2,500' which is only about 1,200' higher than the valley floor in most areas. We live in a short, steep valley that gets fog and air inversion conditions in the winter. Fancy way to say - the mountains don't allow enough wind into the middle of the bowl that I live in and it creates air pollution.

I like this spot because I can be on site in @ 25 minutes from my backdoor. Also since it is lower in elevation I can pretty much shoot here year around. This is the Cadillac set up here - 300 -> 1,300 / flat or angles. I am set up on 1,100 at the back wall in this pic.

Good luck </div></div>

I thought you were out East! Where in SO are you at MZB? All the way down or somewhere coastal range?

I can see your target there in the distance haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That site is approximately 3 miles South and West of Rogue River Oregon.

Good luck </div></div>

I'm gonna ring you up one of these days and bring my rifle out! Beautiful country out that way, although I've never had much success with the steelhead
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I thought I heard something about some Right Coast areas getting another foot of snow today / tonight, and average delays at New York area airports being around 5 hours.

Good luck </div></div>

Very, very nice. I'm familiar with the bowl theory, having lived in Phoenix most of my formative years. Now I am on the plains at the foot of Pikes Peak (at 6000'), and get into the mountains at every opportunity (8000-10000'). Unfortunately, I haven't found a sweet range such as yours....yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see you shoot in one of those areas where the evil capitalists have raped the ancient forest
laugh.gif
</div></div>

As you well know, if it weren't for those evil capitalists I wouldn't a shot beyond 30 yrds. I love those guys.

Good luck </div></div>

Yeah, "those guys" are who I grew up with around my parts. It's funny that when you get just outside of the city limits signs of most Oregon cities, people tend to view trees as a crop which should be harvested and managed, not worshiped.