• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Good News and Bad New for me..... Silencershop/Thunderbeast 30BA

MikeD987

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2013
Waco, Texas
Lets start this post with the good news! I receive my suppressor with the stamp after a year long wait! Wahoo!

Well let's see, you would think it is because it's in another state with another trustee member until he can ship it to me and he's kind of taking his time. Would be the bad news but it really isn't.

Silencer Shop wrote on the invoice that they were short the thread adapter 3/4-24 (Desert Tech) So now I have my brand new toy after a year long wait but no thread adapter to use it and to top it off after calling them on the phone they don't have an ETA for when this item will be shipped to them from Thunder beast. I understand that yes SilencerShop deals with thousands of suppressors each month. However, If you set aside my suppressor and it comes with a thread adapter that I pay for with 1k+ money upfront. I, as a customer expect both the suppressor and thread adapter to be set aside together when the ATF is processing our paperwork. Even if this item was short at the time they had almost a year to ensure that this thread adapter was in stock before the ATF approved my stamp.

Don't get me wrong, over all my experience with Silencershop is Great but this makes me second guess myself.

Place yourself in my shoes am I upset for no reason? Or would you be upset as a customer too?

I would be pissed Mike. That is bad customer service to not warn the customer of a very necessary part. It would be like selling a car with a transmission because the customer did not ask for the transmission. Some things are simply assumed.

When I purchased a new mountain bike for about $5,000 (retail they go for about $8,000) the shop person was able to get me all of the necessary parts built up for my custom build and was there to let me know when all of the parts came in. It was not like I had to wait once the frame arrived. I also did not have to research everything and be concerned with whether everything was in on time for the frame arrival.

Call them up and give them hell. Tell them you have started a thread on Sniper's Hide and you hope that they will make it right. Telling you no ETA is like saying they do not care. Did they even try to help you as a customer? Hummm….

Support your local dealer and dont mess with Silencer Shop anymore. No excuse for not having that adapter after a year long wait.

I went that route with AAC a few years back and its sucks.
My mount arrived the same week my paperwork arrived.

Nothing quite like requiring a specific mount to use a can and it not being supplied or available with the can.

We have a batch in finishing right now and another going in. If you don't get what you need from Silencer Shop give us a call and we'll get you straightened out. Every BA suppressor ships with a brake included unless the customer requests it be shipped out ahead of time.

We have a batch in finishing right now and another going in. If you don't get what you need from Silencer Shop give us a call and we'll get you straightened out. Every BA suppressor ships with a brake included unless the customer requests it be shipped out ahead of time.

As always TBAC support sets the bar for others to aspire to reach

Top kit from quality folks that are shooters

Thanks Zak, as always you are quick to respond. Should I just ask Silencer Shop to just refund the amount it would cost to order the mount from you guys directly? That way it's not a 135 dollars out of my pocket and I would end up with two mounts which I won't need.

That's good info that they are shipped with the brake included but to give Silencer Shop the benefit of the doubt. It would be impossible to guess which brake the customer would need while maintaining an inventory of suppressors in stock. Which would mean they would have to order the brake as soon as the order goes through for a suppressor. In this case 10-11 months ago.

Going forward if you need a special mount different than what it comes with its peobably best to get the special mount shipped early before the can is released from jail. Itll all be worth it.

Hey, if you could please email us at [email protected] with your contact info or give us a call tomorrow we'll get it squared away.

Most probably what happened is that they got you a can allocated so you could file your paperwork ASAP and that meant one that probably shipped with a more common brake thread, nothing wrong with that.

Hey, if you could please email us at [email protected] with your contact info or give us a call tomorrow we'll get it squared away.

Most probably what happened is that they got you a can allocated so you could file your paperwork ASAP and that meant one that probably shipped with a more common brake thread, nothing wrong with that.

Where one company might not have exceeded Mike's expectations, another company is there to pick up the slack and go above and beyond. While I am not in the market for a suppressor in the very near future, I will however look at your line of cans and consider in the future. Great work Zak. Thank you for supporting us Hide members.

Thanks Zak, as always you are quick to respond. Should I just ask Silencer Shop to just refund the amount it would cost to order the mount from you guys directly? That way it's not a 135 dollars out of my pocket and I would end up with two mounts which I won't need.

doesn't hurt to have a back up mount. you never know when you might booger up you mount or lose it.

Called up Thunderbeast and spoke with Amanda which at first I thought she wouldn't know much of what I was talking about but by the end of the call she was giving me tips on how to mount the thread adapter to my barrel. They are going to send me the thread adapter directly to my house and just deduct it from Silencer Shop's order and handle it internally with them. They also gave me a ETA which is by the end of next week it will be in the mail. Couldn't have ask for a better solution for this she even took it upon herself to say it was her fault for not ordering them and that the DTA rifles just starting popping up everywhere which caused the shortage.

I still think when the customer buys the suppressor and a brake is chosen with it. The correct brake should be changed out during the 11 month ATF waiting period. That way when the ATF finally approves the stamp the correct Brake and Suppressor can come at the same time. Maybe it's a more complicated system then that and I'm just seeing it from a customer side and not a business perspective. I'm not sure if I will purchase another suppressor through silencer shop.

@Zak, Completely off topic do you guys plan on making a suppressor for 45 or a 9? It is something I will be in the market for next with the amount of customer service I received from you guys it would be ridiculous to spend my money with any other company.

Mark from Silencer Shop here. First, I want to sincerely apologize for not having your complete order ready for you in a timely manner. You certainly have every right to be upset about that. It's inexcusable. Upon reading the thread it appears that Amanda has gotten you squared away with the correct adapter but I'd like to know if there is an opportunity for Silencer Shop to make it right with you on our end as well. Please feel free to send me a message, either here on to my email address at [email protected], or you can just respond to this in the thread. Whatever it is that is in my power to do, I will absolutely make happen! Also, please feel free to call me at (512) 931-4556 (I'm often in and out of the office a lot so this may not always bee the best way to reach me.)

Mark from Silencer Shop here. First, I want to sincerely apologize for not having your complete order ready for you in a timely manner. You certainly have every right to be upset about that. It's inexcusable. Upon reading the thread it appears that Amanda has gotten you squared away with the correct adapter but I'd like to know if there is an opportunity for Silencer Shop to make it right with you on our end as well. Please feel free to send me a message, either here on to my email address at [email protected], or you can just respond to this in the thread. Whatever it is that is in my power to do, I will absolutely make happen! Also, please feel free to call me at (512) 931-4556 (I'm often in and out of the office a lot so this may not always bee the best way to reach me.)

Email Sent...

Just my 2 cents with dealing with the Silencer Shop. I recently purchased a 30 P-1 from them for an out of state transfer and they have been excellent to deal with. I had been looking all over creation for one and when I called them they indicated they would be receiving them within a couple weeks. Pre-ordered it over the phone and within a short period of time I was notified by email that the paperwork for the transfer to my in FFL/SOT was filed and should hear back in 3-6 weeks. Five weeks later received and email that transfer has been approved and the unit had been shipped. Checked the tracking number provided which showed it in transit.

They were very helpful on the phone when I first contacted them and willing to take time to discuss options. On two occasions while traveling I stopped by the shop in Austin to check them out and both times the people at the counter were both polite and knowledgable. I would have no reservations with dealing with them in the future.