• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Good Powder for 80gr. .223 (AR15)

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
Beginning to develop precision loads for my AR15. Will be loading 73 gr. & 80 gr. ELD-M for my 22" barreled AR. What are some good powders? My go to .308 powder was Varget & 4064. I do have some RL-15, Win 748 and BL-C(2) which I see in my Hornady manual for 5.56.

I shoot an AR 15 in NRA High Power and most of the people I see at the matches are using RL 15 with the 77 and 80 grain bullets. That's what I have been using for a long time and really like it.

Reactions: MarkBlue
I shoot an AR 15 in NRA High Power and most of the people I see at the matches are using RL 15 with the 77 and 80 grain bullets. That's what I have been using for a long time and really like it.

I used nothing but Reloder 15 for service rifle loads with the Hornady 75 BTHP, 75 Amax, and Nosler 80 Custom Competition.