• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Good prices for PVS-14's and either PEQ-2 or Atill

stefan73

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2006
    CENLA
    I was wondering what would be a good price for PVS-14's and PEQ-2 or an Atilla?
    I'm debating on some since I really don't have a place to use them yet.

Re: Good prices for PVS-14's and either PEQ-2 or Atill

Depending on your requirements, we have a wide assortment of PVS-14's you can see here. http://tnvc.com/categories/night_vision_monoculars.html We also have LE and Mil discounts. We have also just posted a PVS-14 buyers guide to assist with this process. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2107896#Post2107896

As for IR lasers, if you're LE or Mil only, no individual sales, must be on agency PO and drop shipped to their agency. Hope this helps and give us a call, we would be glad to help.

Vic

Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering what would be a good price for PVS-14's and PEQ-2 or an Atilla?
    I'm debating on some since I really don't have a place to use them yet.</div></div>
    Atilla-200 for sale

PEQ-2As pop up on this board every so often.

Atilla's don't pop-up for sale that often. If the economy was not so slow right now that thing would be gone in hours. I think I only seen 2 of them come up for sale on the SHforum over several year period . PEQ models pop-up much more often for sale. They usually don't last long either.
    from memory I think the IR power range is similar for both models but the High-Low power function switch is located on the PEQ unit, while the High-Low is controlled by swapping the pressure switches back & forth from blue to black .
    So with the PEQ you just flip-over the plastic keeper to blue-black but the Atilla you must swap-out the Pressure Switch to blue/black, while then having to re-route & secure the Pad cable also .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    from memory I think the IR power range is similar for both models but the High-Low power function switch is located on the PEQ unit, while the High-Low is controlled by swapping the pressure switches back & forth from blue to black .
    So with the PEQ you just flip-over the plastic keeper to blue-black but the Atilla you must swap-out the Pressure Switch to blue/black, while then having to re-route & secure the Pad cable also .
    . </div></div>

While you are correct that there are blue "training" switches for the atilla that limit the power. If you look at the link doorkicker posted you can see the buttons on the top of the unit.

So many things that I want and so little money (I have the money, my wife is getting tired of me spending like I have been).

Re: Good prices for PVS-14's and either PEQ-2 or A

Over the years I had always wanted NV but it just kept getting pushed back and I would buy another gun instead.

How's the weight on that setup? I'm trying to decide on getting another PVS-14 with the dual mount or just getting a PVS-15, BNVD, or the Sentinel. First world problems.. :)

Haha, first world problems indeed! The weight is not terrible, mine is around 27 oz with the dual bridge mount. I run a counterweight and that is pretty much a must. I decided on the dual 14's because I already owned one 14 and it was out of warranty so it didn't make sense to take a hit selling it to fund a dedicated dual tube setup. Plus I also like the versatility of being able to split these up if I want to go out with a friend or something. I have worn mine for several hours at a time and had no problems, the weight is there though and when I use them several nights in a row for 2-4 hours I do start to notice it.

ETA: just did a search and a BNVD is around 22 oz for comparison.

Last edited:
    Haha, first world problems indeed! The weight is not terrible, mine is around 27 oz with the dual bridge mount. I run a counterweight and that is pretty much a must. I decided on the dual 14's because I already owned one 14 and it was out of warranty so it didn't make sense to take a hit selling it to fund a dedicated dual tube setup. Plus I also like the versatility of being able to split these up if I want to go out with a friend or something. I have worn mine for several hours at a time and had no problems, the weight is there though and when I use them several nights in a row for 2-4 hours I do start to notice it.

ETA: just did a search and a BNVD is around 22 oz for comparison.

Thanks for the info! The D14 definitely scores high on versatility, still hard to resist the badass factor of a dedicated dual tube goggle.

Thanks for the info! The D14 definitely scores high on versatility, still hard to resist the badass factor of a dedicated dual tube goggle.

For sure! Truthfully, I think it's a win-win situation. The d14 just made more sense for me, post some pics of whatever you end up with!

I own both Filmless Infinity PVS-15s and Pinicale P+ BNVDs personally as well as sell both. In addition I have literally worked on more ANVIS goggles than I can count and I have built many Many MANY more pairs for customers. I developed the ANVIS UpArmor system as part of our ANVIS Legacy Improvement program called the "ANVIS 9I" or 9 Improved. We Passed on the Sentinel design as it was offered to us before the current manufactures bought it from its designer. As such, and having that much history with dedicated Dual tubes, I still (in conjunction with MOD) invented the D-14 mount. Versatility is king in this game. The coolest dual or even 4 tube systems are still... DEDICATED binos at the end of the day. You can't weapon mount them. You can't (at least not easily) put them into a Long range observation system. You cant hand one side to a buddy or rig it to remote position observation point while still keeping one eye Night Vision aided.

Also

2 is 1 and 1 is none....

Having a second independent separate system is HUGE! Oh and 2 14s plus a D 14 mount is cheaper than most dedicated systems. Also you don't have to buy it all at once, and it folds back slimline against your helmet really nice to reduce neck strain. If the penalty for all that is 5 ounces... I'll pay it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Last edited:
    I own both Filmless Infinity PVS-15s and Pinicale P+ BNVDs personally as well as sell both. Versatility is king in this game. The coolest dual or even 4 tube systems are still... DEDICATED binos at the end of the day. You can't weapon mount them. You can't (at least not easily) put them into a Long range observation system. You cant hand one side to a buddy or rig it to remote position observation point while still keeping one eye Night Vision aided.

Also

2 is 1 and 1 is none....

Having a second independent separate system is HUGE!

Good points. How do the filmless PVS-15s rate for life expectancy? I thought tubes without the ion barrier have a significantly shorter life than those that do?
    Again, good point about the PVS-14 mounting/observation capabilities. Pano shot with the iphone.

Is your dislike of the Wilcox J Arm the fact that the arm places the 14 far away from your eye? There is a newer version that sets the eyepiece closer. It also has a push button that integrates into the G24's release button.

As for the notion that Filmless technology has a shorter Lifespan than normal tubes that is old information. Filmless tubes today last just as long as Flimed tubes. In addition, Flimless tubes are the strongest tubes available today. The notion that they are "fragile" is another internet myth that is propagated over and over. yes the Wikipedia page is DEAD WRONG ! ! !

Is your dislike of the Wilcox J Arm the fact that the arm places the 14 far away from your eye? There is a newer version that sets the eyepiece closer. It also has a push button that integrates into the G24's release button.

That and it's almost like the dovetail isn't being fully engaged, and there's considerable wobble between the dovetail interface and the j-arm itself.