• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good reliable AR trigger

SkaerE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2001
The only blue part of VA :(
i want one. have the stocker in my leitner wise w.noveske barrel and im sure im not getting all the accuracy out of it that i can. part of it has got to be the trigger.

its been years since ive looked at any and i recall some not being very "dirt friendly"

so... good trigger that is reliable and durable?

thanks!!!

Re: good reliable AR trigger

I have installed lots of Jard 1 1/2# adjustable triggers and they are great.
Also have installed several Jewels ,while it is a very good trigger I perfer a single stage jard.

I would highly recommend the Geissele SSA. I have one in my Mk12 and love it.

Another vote for the Geissele SSA!! They are extremely good triggers that offer a crisp, clean 2-stage pull, utter reliability and unlike other high-end trigger units that are adjustble and have adjustment screws to come lose, back out at a bad time, etc., the SSA is a non-adjustable trigger with a 2-2.5lb 1st stage and 2lb 2nd stage. I have a couple, including in a POF P-308 and other ARs and I highly recommend them!

If you buy from Midway, you can use a discount code posted in other threads here and save a little more money!

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=247530

for a single stage the accuracy speaks trigger has worked well for me

From someone that actually owns a couple of the giessele ssa triggers i'd have to recommend it. fucking nice for the price

I have a Single Stage Wilson Combat TTU in mine, Outstanding trigger it was $240.00 from Wilson Combat.

Another vote for the SSA. It's probably the epitome of combat-ready two-stage triggers. I just received a shipment of Geissele triggers (SSA, Hi-speed match and Hi-speed service) so if you're looking for one, give me a call.

I am a Geiselle Match (is that the SSA? I don't know) user (for 3gun AR). I tuned to 2.5lbs first stage, just at 2 lbs second stage. It is a great trigger. Cheap? -- I'm not sure I agree with that. If I remember correctly, it was still approaching $300 via Brownells dealer price.

JP single stage triggers are great as well.
For me, I just don't get the drop in module appeal but I'm a picky user, i.e., I never met a trigger I didn't want/need to improve. Maybe McCormick's drop ins... All the others are too heavy, imo.

k2peaker, you've got one of the hi-speed adjustable triggers. The SSAs are non-adjustable and about $100 less.

I'v got a Wilson Combat and like it very much. I don't like 2 stage triggers, and I don't want a 2 lb. pull in an AR (maybe in an SASS) The WC trigger is very crisp and is set at 3.5-4 lbs. I also have a couple Jard's, one adj. & one none adj., they are ok but the Wilson is better and a drop in unit. Stay away from adj. trigger's, they can be a pain in the ass.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the trigger work done by Bill Springfield. I used him over a year ago for two ARs and they came out fantastic. I'm sure his pricing hasn't changed much, but he took care of the creep and overtravel and replaced the springs with a 3 lb spring. I sent him both lowers (two separate times) to do the work and including shipping I think it was right around $35 to do. He now offers DIY kits. Check him out. http://www.triggerwork.net/

well thats an overwhelming majority. must be good.
wink.gif

pricier than i had expected but i guess they all are.

no problmes with durability/parts breaking etc on the SSA?

I fired my friends rifle today, and his trigger was modified by Bill Springfield. Its at 4lbs, and I must say, it is amazing. Im going to order a complete kit myself, theyre at $85

Stock Colt single stage plus about 300-500 rounds of ammo shot through the rifle. Ok other than that I would say AR Gold, Giessele or Wilson... not much help I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock Colt single stage plus about 300-500 rounds of ammo shot through the rifle. Ok other than that I would say AR Gold, Giessele or Wilson... not much help I know. </div></div>

Your right that isn't much help at all. And there is a huge difference between the ones you mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uscgbeachbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm surprised no one has mentioned the trigger work done by Bill Springfield. I used him over a year ago for two ARs and they came out fantastic. I'm sure his pricing hasn't changed much, but he took care of the creep and overtravel and replaced the springs with a 3 lb spring. I sent him both lowers (two separate times) to do the work and including shipping I think it was right around $35 to do. He now offers DIY kits. Check him out. http://www.triggerwork.net/ </div></div>

Bang for buck, you cannot beat Bill's work. Outstanding pull, crisp, clean break and still as field reliable as the stock trigger. Unless you're shooting BR, I cannot imagine why you would need more. Want.. yes. Need... no.

John

I have Timney,2 RR 2 stage, McCormick, 3 Bill Springfields, and
an AR Gold. It all depends on the end user task and the amount
of use/abuse. My Timney (3.0 SK) and McCormick (flat) were both
worn out(?) and replaced free of charge but were on 3-gun set-ups
with high round counts. Now trying AR Gold for endurance--Geissele is next on my list. Personal favorite for varmints and
NM is Bill Springfield modified RR 2-stage,but like I said Geis.
is next to be tried. AR Gold is promising and may be a contender for best all-around trigger if it holds up to action dills and
competition. For SHTF rifle I would use Springfield-mod 4 lb
Just my 2 cents

Additionally I still like a normal Rock River trigger, the cheap on, take a flat stone to the contact points, and they are near what I want. But then again I grew up on the black gun in the military where a crisp clean trigger was a unicorn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like my JP. Breaks crisp at around 3lbs. </div></div>

+1 for the JP. I've two now. Totally constant and reliable.

Geiselle SSA +1! Got mine from LaRue

Geissele SSA - no problems after almost a year and 5000+ rds.

Timney 3lb. single stage is all i run in my A-R's. They also work in the Remington R-25 .308 (DPMS) These triggers are the best and they totally transform the AR platform.

Rock River 2 stage is good on the mid price. SSA is great but price is on the higher end.

RRA NM 2 stage, timney triggers, and my buddy followed an on line 15 min DIY trigger job.

The DIY trigger job turnd out nicer than my RRA NM in fact!

Boils down to how much time and money you wont to spend.

I am a big fan of my Wilson Combat: smooth, crisp, and short reset.

I can only speak for the RRA 2-stage as that is what I run, crisp and clean at a reasonable price.
There are better out there, but I decided that for my use it was not worth the the leap up in price, and I would never run anything but a 2-stage in a sa rifle anyway.
Not a fan of "drop in" triggers either, but again, thats me.

John - out