• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Good scope mounted light for hog hunting?

Re: Good scope mounted light for hog hunting?

I like the Lightforce, but we have big open country up here.

http://www.lightforce.net.au/products/po...untedspotlights

no problem on the 30mm tube
cool.gif

Has anyone used these Cabela's Brand lights?
cabelas light

I have heard the Primo's Brand lights are crap.

This has been on my wanted list for a while and is the route I would go if I was about to get one.

They aren't cheap but nothing good is.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #33CC00"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">LASERGENETICS</span></span></span>

LINK ^^^

ND3SZ-SideShot.jpg

ND3 Subzero for 40* and below and up to 250 yds

1inch-mount.jpg

Elevation/windage adjustable 30mm scope mount

pressure-switch.jpg

pressure switch

Or if you have big money...

ND3x50SZ-Product-Strip.jpg

ND3x50 Subzero up to 500 yds

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="color: #33CC00">VIDEO LINK</span></span></span>
^^^^^^^^^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been on my wanted list for a while and is the route I would go if I was about to get one.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #33CC00"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">LASERGENETICS</span></span></span>

LINK ^^^

ND3SZ-SideShot.jpg

1inch-mount.jpg

pressure-switch.jpg

pressure switch

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="color: #33CC00">VIDEO LINK</span></span></span>
^^^^^^^^^ </div></div>

These are awesome. Batteries don't hold up well in freezing weather. I found out if you get a large hand warmer, take a rubber band and wrap the light. batteries hold up well.

Were you using their "SUB ZERO" line? They claim that they are made to work better in temps 40* and below. Nice trick with the hand warmer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been on my wanted list for a while and is the route I would go if I was about to get one.

LINK ^^^

ND3SZ-SideShot.jpg

1inch-mount.jpg

pressure-switch.jpg

pressure switch

^^^^^^^^^ </div></div>

These are awesome. Batteries don't hold up well in freezing weather. I found out if you get a large hand warmer, take a rubber band and wrap the light. batteries hold up well. </div></div>

how far can you identify an animal with this ??

They claim 250 yards effective range on the ND3 and 500 yards on the ND3x50. I wish I owned one and could give you a review, maybe next year...

just ordered the EWT kill light and will be using it in Texas this friday thru tuesday next week for hogs and vermin. let you all know how it works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been on my wanted list for a while and is the route I would go if I was about to get one.

LINK ^^^

ND3SZ-SideShot.jpg

1inch-mount.jpg

pressure-switch.jpg

pressure switch

^^^^^^^^^ </div></div>

Played with one of these and xlr 250 got the xlr 250 ....

My cousin and I use the EWT XLR250's all the time for hog hunting and love them. My cousin mounts one on the scope on his .308 and I mount one on the barrel of my Benelli M2. The hogs don't have a chance. The XLR250 is definitely the way to go.