• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Sling?

BlueStateCaptive

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2010
Livingston County, NY
I need to get a good sling for my Rem 5R. What is evryone using on their rifles?
I saw a reference to Rifles Only on another thread and liked the looks of their TAB Gear Sling or the Elite sling.
Any other opinions?

Re: Good Sling?

three slings are commonly mentioned (if you use the search, which i'd recommend you to do):

[alphabetic order]
- mountain shooter
- tab
- tis

personally, i go for tis slip cuff (should they ever be available again)

where to get? ---> steve @ triad tactical

i also found the review from steve on the tis sling very helpful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqaIB7vzvqs&context=C3d60a64ADOEgsToPDskJgKo457xeO5e82CN2RvoA2

more discussions (again, if you would have used the search)

mountain -> http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads....102#Post3082102
tab + tis -> http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads....965#Post3075965

I am also looking a good sling maybe with padding since the rifle weighs in at 15 lb. I have flush cups and swivels already.

TAB

It would be cool if TAB would make a padding sleeve to slip on the sling for carrying long distances. ;)TAB
wink.gif

Tag. I'm looking for a good lightweight sling as well.

More a carrying strap, but I like the Claw for a field gun.
Comfortable, durable & quiet; doesn't lighten the wallet either.

I found a good shape M60 sling with the pad and used that if it will carry a pig it will carry my rifle. I will look to see what they use downrange next month.

+1 for the TIS Quick Cuff. I hesitated til recently to purchase one due to cost. But, it's true, you get what you pay for. I should of purchased sooner. Awesome sling, very happy. Does exactly what its supposed to do, and very comfortable to wear and help lug the rifle around. I'd recommend it. I haven't had a chance to use a TAB and I'm sure they are nice, but i went with the TIS and i love it, FWIW.

-Paulus

If you dont mind not looking tacticool, dont discount the turner slings if your looking for a shooting aid..plus they feel so nice when broken in.

Buy once cry once,I purchased one today from Rifles Only and I went all the way. Got the one with the AustriAlpin COBRA Buckles.
If you still looking for one I will let you know if its worth the extra cash when I get it. It's a TAB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leather 1907 military sling </div></div>

+1

Slip Cuff for my hunting rifle because it has metal parts and can stand cold weather (-35°C) just fine+it is silent to use.

Quick Cuff for range time and for (very) heavy rifles.

TAB if speed is importand (I dont own one but i have use it)

All are gtg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prekarious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leather 1907 military sling </div></div>

+1
</div></div>

+1

I have a turner 1907, TIS, and 4 TAB slings, the TAB is the simplest easiest and most comfortable design going today IMHO.