• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing good smith for remington 700 work

SuburbanHick

SOF338
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
somewhere wearing camo (tx?)
i have a spsV in 308... i also have a rock creek barrel....i wanna get the action blueprinted...8-40 screws for the scope base... barrel mounted and threaded for muzzle break... now i know this is very "easy" work to do, but its also easy to get wrong too...

ive talked to a few including some one over at rock creek and they said if you dont need it back in a hurry, to send it to them ...

as you can tell I am new to this... would sending it to rock creek be a good idea???? or are there better gunsmiths out there??? im most likely over thinking this, which would my norm.. but a little guidance would be appreciated

PM me if youd like to keep it private

Re: good smith for remington 700 work

We've accurized a whole lotta M700's. To my knowledge I'm the only zipperhead making the leap to using a cnc mill for it. I developed the process because it emulates what a great # of custom action makers are doing as part of their std production.

I also cnc mill the enlarged base holes. Boring/thread hobbing helps ensure the holes run common to the bore centerline. Drills and taps tend to follow the path of least resistance.

There's a lot of smiths doing good work. Its not my intent to suggest our way is better, its just better for me because I can encorporate features I think are important. Features like truncated thread leads, hobbed threads, and face/bore/lug surfaces reconditioned with a single tool. (Mitigates the tolerance stacking from multiple tools)

Turn around on receiver/barrel fitting runs 8 days. I make my own oversized tombstone lugs. Cnc machined tool steel, surface ground, etc.

C.

Chad and Long Rifles Inc. get my highest recommendation ^^^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aspen69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Chad and Long Rifles Inc. get my highest recommendation ^^^ </div></div>

lol you and the other 20 that PM'ed me with the same thing...

Cause Chads a good chit & great `Smith. Well worth your time & money.

t

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suburbanhick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aspen69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Chad and Long Rifles Inc. get my highest recommendation ^^^ </div></div>

lol you and the other 20 that PM'ed me with the same thing... </div></div>

Well I won't PM you to tell you that he does great work then. Listen to the PMs and send it out to him.

Definitely Send it to Chad over at Long Rifles i started with just a stock sps l and he did the work on my first build and he really walked me through exactly what was being done and also the why it was being done. Every time I called he would always take the time to talk me through my second guesses and question and never rushed me and probably should have stopped answering my calls because I was constantly asking and changing the work to be done. He may be hard to get a hold of at times but that is purely do to work load and that in and of it self speaks volumes of his reputation, quality and the demand for his services. You can Definitely deal will confidence.

Oh and another thing is the rifle he did for me is the most accurate rifle I have shot yet, and It is getting better and better groups each time out

I think chad's website is hacked because it links to a site about cats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Site is up and 100% from my end. Not sure what the issue is.

C. </div></div>
Chad,

I've also tried to go to your website and get a reply that Google could not locate it..................a temporary problem I hope!

Chad can't get into your site from here neither. When I click your link above it can't find your site. It state server not found. Just a heads up.

Meowwww.

Your site is jacked up Chad. But from the sounds of things, you are plenty busy just answering your phone
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madisonsfinest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think chad's website is hacked because it links to a site about cats </div></div>

Must be Hacker Dogs....they like to frame the cats from time to time.
hacker-dog.jpeg