• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good source for tripod to mount rangefinder on

mikem4045

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2013
Victoria, Tx
I have a couple of Bushnell rangefinders. Looking to mount one on a tripod. Where do I look too get a good quality tripod. I figure maybe one that will extend to 4 or 5' is what I am wanting.

I have a good Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod, goes from sitting height on the ground to full standing looking nearly straight up at mountains/cliffs if needed (but I am only 5'7"). I also have a Manfrotto ball grip on it with two separate attachment points. I usually just mount the binos, but sometimes attach my spotting scope and binos to it. I could easily swap out one for a rangefinder if needed. Look at CameralandNY, Opticsplanet, Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro, etc.

Here is a photo with just the 15s on it. The other attachment point is on the end of the grip.

Last edited:
Most large camera stores should have a good selection. JMHO but you should go in and get your hands on a few of them and see the differences in person before you just order something off the net. Besides height concerns, make sure you look into weight specs so it can hold whatever you may want to put on it.

If you aren't going to be shooting off of it, a Manfrotto might be a little over kill. If it was just for a range finder that won't be seeing any real field use, I would just grab the walmart special. If you are planning on doing anything other than static range finder work, Manfrotto all day long.