• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Google lists my business as "Permanently closed" which is a lie.

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
I am being bombarded with robo calls from a "Google representative" robot that starts off with "Please don't hang up..." I hang up at that point and block the number. I don't like big tech, specifically Google and want nothing to do with them.
Some customer called earlier today and said he googled my company name and Google says I'm 'permanently closed.'
The robo call just now called me again and this time I waited until a live person clicked in. I asked him what right does Google have to say I'm permanently closed and not in business. He said for a one time "verification fee" to verify I'm still in business and to advertise my business with pictures blah, blah, they would quit saying that.

So I asked him, I have to pay you a fee to get you to quit lying about me? Thats extortion. I told him I don't use Google for my search engine, my business is none of Google's business and because I don't want to create joinder and pay to advertise with them they're going and say I'm not in business?

He said "Yes, unfortunately it is what it is."

I told him I wasn't going to pay to not be slandered by them and hung up.

Am I wrong for being pissed?

I am being bombarded with robo calls from a "Google representative" robot that starts off with "Please don't hang up..." I hang up at that point and block the number. I don't like big tech, specifically Google and want nothing to do with them.
Some customer called earlier today and said he googled my company name and Google says I'm 'permanently closed.'
The robo call just now called me again and this time I waited until a live person clicked in. I asked him what right does Google have to say I'm permanently closed and not in business. He said for a one time "verification fee" to verify I'm still in business and to advertise my business with pictures blah, blah, they would quit saying that.

So I asked him, I have to pay you a fee to get you to quit lying about me? Thats extortion. I told him I don't use Google for my search engine, my business is none of Google's business and because I don't want to create joinder and pay to advertise with them they're going and say I'm not in business?

no. You are wrong for not contacting the attorney general and reporting this.

PLEASE sue Google and demonstrate lost revenue and set case law for others.

fuck em!

You're %100 right. The only guestion is if you can afford that. If you don't want to pay the extortion it's time to sing your song to the world.

No, you're not wrong. Fuck them. Sounds "scammy" to me.

Have you tried re-indexing your site?
I'm computer illiterate. Whats re-indexing?

Oh, and the snippy manbitch on the other end said they have been trying to reach me for years to verify I'm in business and made it sound like it's my fault for not answering them.

My response was, 'I have to talk to you and pay you so you don't spread false information about me?'

Trump was right, Google and big tech are some evil m'frs.

Oh, and the snippy manbitch on the other end said they have been trying to reach me for years to verify I'm in business and made it sound like it's my fault for not answering them.

My response was, 'I have to talk to you and pay you so you don't spread false information about me?'

No worries. Try this:

I Google'd mine, and it prompted me to this:

Go there and claim your business, might help, but I dunno.

No worries. Try this:

I Google'd mine, and it prompted me to this:

Go there and claim your business, might help, but I dunno.
Thank you. Will do.

All I want is to get the 'Permanently closed' removed.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
If you were not before you may be now.

Google has never tried reaching me to verify that I'm a business. I'm pretty small time, so maybe that's it. Good luck, let us know if there's anything one of us can do to help.

Reactions: TexPatriot
No, you're not wrong. Fuck them. Sounds "scammy" to me.

Have you tried re-indexing your site?
Sounds very scammy, like shit heads inputting businesses shut down, then asking for extortion money to "open them back up" online. The new ransomware...

I fucking hate scammers, they should all do the world a favor and kill themselves, starting with auto warranty sales scumbags.

Sounds very scammy, like shit heads inputting businesses shut down, then asking for extortion money to "open them back up" online. The new ransomware...

I fucking hate scammers, they should all do the world a favor and kill themselves, starting with auto warranty sales scumbags.

My favorite thing to do with the auto warranty idiots. Keep them on the line and make them explain every piece of the policy and read it too you.

Then act amazed that they can insure your 91 LaBaron since it has been making loud knocking noises for months.

They hangup on me for some reason. My record is about 2.5 hours of their time wasted while I drink beer.

No way thats really google but if it was man you should be recording this crap and contacting a lawyer pronto!

no. You are wrong for not contacting the attorney general and reporting this.

PLEASE sue Google and demonstrate lost revenue and set case law for others.

fuck em!
agreed. Too bad it’s not likely google!

My favorite thing to do with the auto warranty idiots. Keep them on the line and make them explain every piece of the policy and read it too you.

Then act amazed that they can insure your 91 LaBaron since it has been making loud knocking noises for months.

They hangup on me for some reason. My record is about 2.5 hours of their time wasted while I drink beer.
Who the hell has that kind of time to waste?

:LOL: I always enjoy getting a live person and waiting for them to ask me make and model. I say "But you called me. Shouldn't you know that?" <click>

@D_TROS
Figured I'd tag you in on this.
Looks like you've been hit with the same G-Ransom.

Screenshot_20210514-201055_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: D_TROS and Bender
I was going to do business with you but Google showed you were closed, so I went someplace else.
The customer that called me was an old inquiry from five years ago when he had me come by and give him a quote on a pool.
He apparently couldn't afford it back then but can now and remembered my name. He contacted me today and said he did a search on Google to find me and it came back Permanently closed.

Luckily he kept searching and found me on another search engine.

I'll be contacting Google advertising tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: D_TROS and Bender

Are you sure it was a "him"
Screenshot_20210517-213956_Telegram.jpg

wow...so am I permanently closed or not? lol

Im getting very tired of fake media and scams. Had a virus come in and crash our computers and lose 10 ys worth of backups and sure enough next day had someone call us and say for $XXX K bitcoin they would give us the code to get our stuff back. My brother told him no problem we will deliver it in person. They didnt take our offer unfortunately...:mad:

Shitbirds.

PS if anyone needs any fire sprinkler design or life safety consulting Im your man lolol.

Regards
DT

Reactions: lash
wow...so am I permanently closed or not? lol

Im getting very tired of fake media and scams. Had a virus come in and crash our computers and lose 10 ys worth of backups and sure enough next day had someone call us and say for $XXX K bitcoin they would give us the code to get our stuff back. My brother told him no problem we will deliver it in person. They didnt take our offer unfortunately...:mad:

Shitbirds.

PS if anyone needs any fire sprinkler design or life safety consulting Im your man lolol.

Regards
DT

Interesting that someone actually called you.
Most of the time the ransomware criminals e-mail you or embed the payoff information in the messed up computer.
I'm assuming you didn't have any offline backups?

Someone hit on it earlier, you need to create (if you don't have one) a Google Business account for your business. If you click on any of the "reviews" of a company, it says "Suggest an edit". You can pick something like "Report as closed". This happens when the business doesn't manage their business account. You are looking at an automatically created profile of your business and people can post reviews of it and comment. If you "Claim the business" as yours, then you can log in and control the hours, photos, and everything else that's on there about your business.

A lot of people don't take the 5 minutes to do that and their business relies on what Google reports. Just claim the business, and you should be all set. I get those phone calls every week and I've been hanging up for years. Since I manage the account, I can control the hours, holidays, etc.

It's very simple. If you don't use it, you should. To protect your business more than anything else.

You don't have to pay anyone for anything, someone is trying to scam you.

No. Fuk em

I was about to issue you a $250,400,500 contract but Google says you’re closed.

Sorry I’ll have to take my business elsewhere.
And you can sue Google for that much. ;)

Last edited:

Get a liar and do a class action lawsuit against Google. You’re not the only one.

Google does not charge to list your business as open or closed in its directory. That was some kind of mistake or fluke mixed with a scam.

Google does not charge to list your business as open or closed in its directory. That was some kind of mistake or fluke mixed with a scam.
Google robo called me and I finally talked to a live person. They offered to rebuild and update my business webpage and said they could get me higher ranking if I paid for some package deal, the more you pay the higher the ranking. They wanted something like $3,500.00 a month.

After a long sales pitch I said no thanks. The guy on the other end seemed clearly pissed. I think he pulled the plug on my business. Whether he was a real Google representative or a side scam I'm not sure.

This is an old thread and I'm just running off vague memory.

well at least they did not count you as one of the people killed by covid 19 then seize your bank account home and sell of your business . that could be messy to clear up over the next 20 years .