• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Gorski Build Thread 6mm Creedmoor

There ya have it.
92gouKd.jpg

qaZVLAo.jpg

Gotta show em the single shot block Jay! Those are always fun to make.

The big difference with ours is that we don't epoxy the things into the action. I've always found this practice a bit repulsive. Instead it's positioned and clearanced so that it can be attached to the stock. A pair of brass ferrule inserts bedded to the stock along with a pair of 10-32 countersink screws makes for a clean assembly thats functional and allows for a stock transplant later in life if the user wants to suddenly use the same barreled action in another stock as a repeater.

In this instance we machined a cavity right under the action and filled it with epoxy and lead shot to put more mass back and low. Typically with the lighter calibers it makes for a gun that tracks really well in bags, especially when monster size optics are installed as this just adds to the cake icing.

Once this cured, we again ran the primary inlet, then bedded the action.

C.

And dat shit works like a charm, throw a full case on that tray and slam the bolt home, and it's FIRE IN THE HOLE!! You guys did a great job on this rifle, hats off to your crew! Though I thought this rifle would be heavier than the previous since you added lead to the stock, it's .3lbs lighter, but it's definitely more balanced, the 26" tube vs 28" shouldn't lose much velocity(Maybe 40fps
max) and I'm not worried about losing any accuracy. Thanks for building this lovely rifle!

Is that hard on extractors when round is not feeding up but rather pushing the extractor over the extractor grove?

Doesn't matter as the extractor doesn't purchase the case till after the ejector compresses and allows the case head to slip into the bolt head pocket. Typically when the bolt is almost in battery as the case shoulder provides the stop for it to happen.

Chad,

Awesome job as usual. Loving the paint. Please tell us more.

Regards, Paul

Thanks Paul!

This is pretty easy. It's a Polane base of OD green. The last batch from Sherwin Williams was a touch too glossy so I threw in a pinch of flattening agent to tone it down a bit. Then it's onto flat black. Again, they goofed on the gloss so it's been flattened as well.

A webbing solution was added to get the "money shot in her eye" look. :)

The rest is just gun settings. Pressure/flow gets monkeyed with till it delivers the look I wanted. Normally I'd of shot this so that it had the typical cobweb feel to it. Jay's purpose in this case (bag gun) prompted me to think it might do better with a finer grain. (less sticky on the bags maybe? I dunno...ADHD. . .) So, I went for the grainy look instead.

Metalwork is just out of the can FDE from Cerakote.

Thanks fer lookin.

C

I wonder if it likes Nosler CCs, cuz it's going to get a steady diet on Saturday or Sunday.
rKMCfwa.jpg