• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a nice package from Bartlein Barrels today...

TonyBen

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
22" heavy M14 barrel, 5R 1:11" twist. Frank did a limited run and I picked one up. It's unclear if they will ever do another run. They only made some because the guys that work there needed barrels for their M1A's.

fSQlBRdh.jpg

UhNA2sAh.jpg

9D37GJvh.jpg

8FiFSvBh.jpg

Hand times around 35˚ on a new LRB receiver.
PPw2UYgh.jpg

Unfortunately, this will have to wait a while. I need a rear-lugged LRB M25 receiver and a McMillan M3A before I finish this one.

Thanks Frank!

Tony.

Well that's awesome. Wish I would've known about the batch. Is there any sort of list a nobody like myself could get on just in case they ever make more? I'm a big fan of Bartlein barrels.

Well that's awesome. Wish I would've known about the batch. Is there any sort of list a nobody like myself could get on just in case they ever make more? I'm a big fan of Bartlein barrels.
No there isn't. Sometimes they do one off type stuff and that's it. He posted about it here and frank is on here a good bit so best thing to do is to just stay connected here if you can. No telling when another opportunity will arise but you can always pm him here. I've found frank to be one of the THE most willing to help any shooter among a group of manufacturers and sellers that all are pretty willing to help. Really solid guy

Reactions: FWoo45
Nice looking barrel, but- why do people like the M14 platform given the other options nowadays :unsure:

Nice looking barrel, but- why do people like the M14 platform given the other options nowadays :unsure:

Man, I'm with you. Every time I get one I always scratch my head and ask myself why did I do this again! It's a classic rifle who's time has long since been gone. AR-10s are the final nail.

But I must digress, every collection needs one for no reason other than just because. I'm looking at doing it again myself. Here's to hoping 4th time is a charm....

Because they're cool. My bolt guns and AR-10 are way more accurate than my stock M1A. I still like it and if I can make it better, why not? Some would call it throwing good $ after bad, for me, it's fun.
sometimes there is joy in making something excellent out of a platform capable of it but that normally fails to hit that mark. especially things with a history like the M14/M1A

it *can* be such an amazingly nice rifle. but it takes serious work and skill to get them there, and then proper care to keep it that way

Reactions: TonyBen

Same reason I still have a Ruger Vaquero and a Marlin lever action. They’re timeless, fun, and in some circumstances give up nothing in their utility.

Reactions: TonyBen