• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Got a question about bolt fluteing

jeremybowlin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
EL Dorado,KS,67042
Hello im sure i seen a fellow hide member whos a gunsmith that dose very nice work on fluting bolts. Anyone know who it was and about the rate they charge? I have a remmy 700 bolt i would like the spiral fluting done on. Thanks for your time. The guy i think im looking for had a bunch of pictures of bolts he had done on here some time ago.

Re: Got a question about bolt fluteing

Call Karl Feldkamp at Kampfeld Customs !!!!
You won't be disappointed and he's extremely fast!!

I never met chad YET but I will sometime. He's the man.

Quit sending stuff to Karl Feldkamp, he's busy enough as it is, and I want him to myself! Either Kampfeld or Chad Dixon will do a great job for you. Chad seems to be a perfectionist based on what I've seen so you can't go wrong there.

Emailed Chad and his prices are very reasonable... I just need to shake loose some funds...

I have found that going the PTG route is much better IMO. I broke the rem extractor firing Hornady match ammo so I decided to get a sako style extractor installed, and then decided might as well have the bolt face trued and etc(more$ and more$$). Long story short it is much cheaper and better to just get a PTG bolt that can be fluted anyway you want for 35 bucks, that is one piece, has a sako style extractor, and the diameter can be over sized so you can match the diameter of your receiver or have it machined to match the Diameter of the bolt. Also the dimensions are 10 times more consistent than a factory rem bolt.
You can get such a bolt from PTG for 125-$200 they have new this year an integral handle, I don't know much about this but I am hoping it is one that is machined from the bolt body

Those are some serious sick rifles brother....

featurerifle.png