• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a Remington 700 SPS Tactical - Is this a stock trigger?

MarkDMKC1974

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2021
Overland Park, KS
Just like the title says, just got this in trade, never have owned a bolt action but always wanted a 700. So is this stock?

20210625_100704.jpg
20210625_100639.jpg

Yes it is. While the barreled action is out, knock the two pins out retaining the trigger, and drop the trigger in the nearest trash can. You're welcome.

Haha thanks for the quick reply. I bought a KRG Bravo Chassis, going to use this for long range plinking and hunting. What would be a good idea for a trigger replacement?

Haha thanks for the quick reply. I bought a KRG Bravo Chassis, going to use this for long range plinking and hunting. What would be a good idea for a trigger replacement?
Basically anything else. How much you want to spend is up to you, a cheap 150 buck timney or tt primary are worlds better than the factory, and they only get nicer and more varied from there.

Reactions: nikonNUT
And Jewel. I have a Jewel in a 700 and love it.
Jewel may require modification to the chassis.
I have one, I'll never have another.
Shilen makes a good trigger, even the Rifle Basix triggers are an improvement.
I will tell you, out of several of those stock triggers, I had one that was pretty good as long as you didn't lower it below 3 pounds.

I found a Triggertech trigger, flat PVD black coated for about 199. Thats right in my price range.

Another question is, there is a rail mount on top, how do I know if I need a 20 moa mount or 0 moa mount?

Another question is, there is a rail mount on top, how do I know if I need a 20 moa mount or 0 moa mount?
You'll need to figure out how far you want to shoot. Zero the rifle at 100. And then get an idea of your dope out to that distance. If you have enough elevation left in your scope to hit the distance you want to shoot to (or don't mind a small hold over), you're fine. If not, pick up a 20MOA and replace it.

I found a Triggertech trigger, flat PVD black coated for about 199. Thats right in my price range.

Keep your eye out for vendors having 4th of July sales, you should be able to pick up a Trigger Tech or Timney for a nice discount.

Just get a 20 moa rail and call it good, it'll save you money in the long run.

As far as triggers, I've had good luck with the CG Xtreme mod 22 and Bix n' Andy. Ive broken a timney and had another that didn't like dirt.

Reactions: Baron23
Get a good 20 moa rail not the cheapest one out. It makes a difference believe it or not.

Reactions: Stoweit
I was the worst about buying the $30 Egw aluminum rails. They’ll get the job done I suppose, but if you start having poi problems you know where to start looking. I found it’s worth spending the extra money and getting one with the recoil lug like those offered by Seekins. The extra $50 is nothing if you look at the number of years it will serve you. Buy once cry once.