• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a strange China vs Japan war channel in my YT feed...

Cardboard55

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2021
PA
Yes, it's YouTube and all, but this foreign language (Chinese I think) vid appeared in my feed with a ton of views (26M in a few weeks) and I can't make heads or tails of it. Looked through their other vids in that channel and it's all Chinese vs Japanese, maybe set in WWII, maybe not. Some sniper content too. I'm no expert on that part of the war. Other vids don't have near as many views as this one, but I've never watched anything from this channel at all. AFAIK I'm neither Chinese or Japanese either. Did this get blasted out all over the place? Is YT trying to foment some sort of conflict, like a modern day Telefon but using the interweb instead of Ma Bell?

Weird. Did anyone else get it served up for viewing?

Addenda: would Chinese prisoners in a Japanese POW camp wear arabic (0,1,2,3...) numbers or whatever Kanji numbers look like? Who is this video targeted to? 26M views in 2 weeks???

Telefon for youngun's

Last edited:
It's just Chinese propaganda movies about World War 2. There have been centuries of ethnic historical animosity between China and Japan and that animosity also entangle Korea and other countries.

Japan had tried to invade China multiple times and China and Korea have tried repeatedly to vassalize Japan. As World War 2 reflects the historical foundation of the Chinese Civil War, the CCCP views the struggle with the Kuomintang and the Japanese as nearly equal evils that were valiantly defeated.

It's just Chinese propaganda movies about World War 2. There have been centuries of ethnic historical animosity between China and Japan and that animosity also entangle Korea and other countries.

Japan had tried to invade China multiple times and China and Korea have tried repeatedly to vassalize Japan. As World War 2 reflects the historical foundation of the Chinese Civil War, the CCCP views the struggle with the Kuomintang and the Japanese as nearly equal evils that were valiantly defeated.

I understand the history between the two, just curious why a vid on it got blasted out and generated a ridiculously high viewership in 2 weeks. Guess the click-farms / bots are hard at work. Just wondering if this is trying to incite some Chinese vs. Japanese actions on a wider scale. Perhaps in other countries. Perhaps timed to coincide with China moving on Taiwan.

I will say that for supposed war movies, everyone's clothing is neatly cleaned and pressed. Ancient Chinese secret, one supposes...