• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Got me some new binos!

Nuttshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2008
Conway, South Carolina
Well I normally don't post these kinds of things but the wife decided to surprise me with a new set of Leupold BX-2's. This is my first pair of quality binos and I am pretty impressed with how clear they are. Very adjustable for the user. They come with or without a reticle, these do not have it.

I have the BX-3s and really like them. Those BX-2S are great. It was a toss up between the two for me. Your wife sounds like a keeper!

These come from Optics Planet and she and I were surprised that when you read the discription it does not mention coming with a case. It does how ever come with one. A case, elastic lanyard, cleaning wipe. The case has plastic keepers to mate the case to molle items.

Cheers,

Nutt

Great looking binos. One question, what are you doing with those airline seats? Lol.

I agree.....sounds like your wife is a keeper and I will have to check those out. And what is the deal with the seats.....me thinks there is a story there that needs telling.

Congrats on those binos

BX-2 and BX-3's are Great Glass!

My BX-2's came in a soft foam case...okay for scratches, but nothing substantial like the ones in your pic. The Cascade 10x42's sure are sharp and clear, with very natural color and solid build quality. They helped illuminate and take my 1st deer this past season when I couldn't make her out with my naked eyesight (have 20\10 vision)!

However, I started looking for "wider field of view" binos. I recently stepped up to the Leupold BX-3 Mojaves and have been even more pleased with their improved optical qualities. The BX-3's are Sharper and have better Resolution than the BX-2's. Their DOF is greater (more 3-D like) and the extra 60ft FOV seems to reduce any eye strain! I really like the open bridge design and find their low light performance a tad better than the BX-2's!! I had a chance to compare the BX-3's to the very nice Swaro 10X42 SLC & El's and felt they compared very favorably overall...not bad for 4-6X less $$$!

Ted

Well these are the BX-2 Tactical's. I guess that's why the case may be different. I mainly wanted binos for observing and laying out targets at matches. I would not Likely need them for hunting here in our dense swamps.

It helps at matches because people don't want a bunch of folks swings guns around just to glass and most spotters are just to high powered. I have used my buddies M-22's and still think they are as good but hey who am I to complain about what she wants to get me! :)