• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my 10/22 finished (for now)...

RicosRevenge

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2009
D/FW
I caught the bug for a .22 for fun, trigger control and ammo cost - .308 gets expensive!!!

I had a 10/22 sitting around and found out a Range Officer at the place I shoot at was a competitive 10/22 shooter! Uh oh...

We ended up doing the auto bolt release mod, adding a Volq extended mag release, a Volq hammer and spring to bring the tirgger down to right below 3 pounds, Weaver rail, Millet rings, Weaver T-24, Boyds Tacticool (with a one-off "RicosRevenge Krylon Camo" design)and a Kidd 20" Match Barrel.

With Federal GM Ultra Match or Lapua Midas I can hold 5-shots to 3/8" or better at 50 yards. I'll take that!!! I look forward to burning through a lot of .22 ammo!!

2723160216_large.jpg

A pic with big brother:
2723160215_large.jpg

Re: Got my 10/22 finished (for now)...

At which range in DFW do you shoot? I might like to join you and your RO with my own Ruger 10/22s...

SoCalPete - It is the Boyds "Tacticool" stock.

B. Melick - I shoot at Elm Fork but they don't have a rimfire 50 yard open to the public. They let me sneak in on the centerfire range.

I think Alpine has a rimfire range though.

Looks great ! I wish mine had a big brother like yours though ;D

These 10/22's can be addicting to trick out,I remember talking to a guy about 4 years ago that had about $1100 in a really nice 10/22 and thought"what a dumbass".Now here I am doing the same thing and loving it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
B. Melick - I shoot at Elm Fork but they don't have a rimfire 50 yard open to the public. They let me sneak in on the centerfire range.</div></div>

I'll join you at Elm Fork sometime, or we can go to Dallas Pistol Club or to Haltom City Rifle & Pistol Club or several other private ranges in the area...

Sounds great to me! I'll be down at the inlaws ranch the next 2 weekends but anytime after that I should be good.

Just hit me with a PM.

~ Rico

I shoot my 10/22 at Elm Fork sometimes too. If its not busy and Sam knows you can shoot he will sometimes let us shoot .22 on the rifle range at 50 yard targets.

Nice range and nice folks there.

repiv... are you the guy with the Volq 10/22 in a Houge Over Mold and the Rem 5R with the Jewell trigger at 7 ounces?

Tell Sam I won't be there as I must go South for a funeral.

I done the same thing but being a poor college kid at the time I kept my build as cheap as possible. I had the trigger worked and put a Green Mountain 20" barrel on it. Bought a cheap plastic stock and after running hundreds of rounds of various types of 22lr ammo through it, I got this group. I was aiming at 6oclock. Group .3125 -.22= .0925 group.
Pics004.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

I did the same thing as you ran several hundred rounds from different manufacturers, maybe close to 1000 rounds, through mine and this past weekend I finally found something it liked. I shot a 7 shot group (mag was empty) about the size of 2 .22 holes at 50 yards with Remington Target Ammo (Eley).

Target Ammo

I cant wait to shoot it again.

I'll get some "group pics" for you this weekend varmint6.

3/8" (OD) is about average at 50 yards with 5 shots. Still working on ammo selection.

My 10/22 with an 18" GM fluted heavy barrel will group Remington Subsonic under 3/8" OD (50yards), it seems to be the favorite for this rifle.

Quail Creek has a 50 yard range. You DFW guys let me know the next time you go rimfire shootin. Been pimpin myself a 10/22.

You can shoot 50 yard at Quail Creek but they only have 2 stations and its hard to get on them. I would be open to going sometime if a few people want ot meet up.