• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Got my AMG

cageli

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2014
WA
well, it turned out the wait time is only 3 weeks for me, not bad at all. Boy, got to say "what a nice optic". I already have 3 SuB, 1 IOR, 1 Razor and some other named ones. This one is here to impress. I may offend lots of people, but I personally think this is superior to Razor Gen2 from almost every perspective, except couple mils shy off total adjustment, but 27MIL is absolutely plenty for me. And the difference is not small - optically, mechanically, so much better. We'll see it's durability - while it's a Vortex so I'm not really worried if something happens.

Very happy and extremely satisfied, highly recommended.

Good to hear. Was out shooting with mine on my Creedmoor yesterday testing 147 ELDs from 600 to 1020 yards and the scope tracked perfectly. Also did it with holds on the reticle and hit no problem on the 10" steel at 1020. You will really like the scope when you start using it.

Well I had to purchase a gen two razor due to the fact I needed a scope as soon as possible and that was when it was first announced. But when are you going to post pictures?

I planned to put an AMG on my Tikka but got a gen 2 PST instead for the time being. I will definitely be getting one in the near future.

You get on an(all) emailing list and buy it once someone has it in stock. How I got mine back in December new with a discount.

I just pre-ordered with Cabelas, and was told the wait would be around 25-30 weeks. But I got it in 3 weeks, not sure what happened...

Anyway, here are two cell phone snaps, you know, cell phone is just cell phone, but hopefully you'll see the difference, as I think it is exact what I see from my eyes (I dont wear glasses, almost 20/20 vision). Both were taken around 6 o'clock, before sun set,both at 20 power, looking at a sign about 250 yards away. Razor was taken about one month ago.
Razor.jpg
AMG.jpg

Last edited:
They seem the same to me. Neither one appears to have an outlet.

I love my AMG. I sold one a few weeks back, but I don't think I could sell my last one. The glass is really good. The reticle is my favorite. The warranty is incredible. The weight is also amazing. I think it's a fairly easy scope to get behind, not picky at all. And something people don't usually mention that I really appreciate is the locking diopter. For those of you on the fence, if the funds allow, just do it. You won't regret it. It really is a great hybrid hunting/comp scope. If you're trying to find something in that role I don't think there are very many better options.

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.