• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Got my can today!

Kevin_Deaton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I'm finally part of the NFA crowd. I picked up my Tiger Shark 30 cal suppressor from David at JDW Manufacturing today. I also got my 9mm SBR lower and went ahead and ordered another can while I was there. I have a feeling the government is going to make a lot off of me this year $200 at a time. I can't wait to sneak away to the range and test this baby out.

Re: Got my can today!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DSMcG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I may ask, how long did it take from the time your stamp checks cleared?

DSMcG</div></div>

I just picked my cans up this week. Took 3 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DSMcG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I may ask, how long did it take from the time your stamp checks cleared?

DSMcG </div></div>

I mailed my check off on January 15th and the transfer was approved on April 6th. I bought mine through a corp which may or may not make a difference in time.

I got away from work today and went to the gun club. The range is only 200 yards, but I was ready to see what kind of difference the can makes. The test rifle is a PAI 308 built on a Surgeon action in an A5 with a 25" Schneider barrel (I have an AIAW on order with a 20" barrel that will host the suppressor in the future).

I was really impressed with the suppression level. I was able to comfortable shoot factory 168 grain ammo without hearing protection. The report seemed just a bit more than a 22LR. Also, recoil was reduced a bit. There was still some kick, but it felt less snappy.

Accuracy wasn't effected at all. I wasn't able to check POI shift because I just remounted the scope today and zeroed it with the can. I never even thought to shoot the rifle without it.

I will try to get a few pics up later. I was way too excited to go shooting to remember things like a camera.

My took four months after sheriff signed off on it.

WHen do I get to play with your cans by the way. Cause you ought know that when we go to the range next time, I'll want to play with them. That's if someone invites this time.
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1_ar_newbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the club! </div></div>

Thanks. I have one of your Evolution suppressors in 45 awaiting BATF approval, and I am working with my dealer right now to order a M4-2000. This stuff is addicting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin_Deaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1_ar_newbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the club! </div></div>

I am working with my dealer right now to order a M4-2000. This stuff is addicting. </div></div>

That's a great can.