• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Got My New HTG Stock From McMillan - Fall Pattern

RPFrye

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2007
Clearwater, FL.
Can't wait to get this rifle put together, right now the action, barrel, scope is just sitting in the stock.

... still need Badger M4 alloy bottom metal, trigger & rail... then it's off to Newman Precision for the build!

Oh yea.. it's a .223, Kreiger #5 barrel, Stiller TAC30 action.

McMillan-Fall-223.jpg

Re: Got My New HTG Stock From McMillan - Fall Pattern

Is that black or green? I had a coyote/tan/green Manners T3 and thought it was a great combo.

That is a freaking beauty. I just got my Beanland 6x47 in the mail the other day (woodland HTG with adj comb, Pierce action). Gotta wait for the dies and brass to show up. Working through some camera "issues" too, otherwise I'd be able to show.....

That thing is gonna be NICE. How about some more particulars?

Kaiser Norton

Should be a shooter, nice rig so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that black or green? I had a coyote/tan/green Manners T3 and thought it was a great combo.

</div></div>

It's dark brown, dark tan & light tan... for some reason the light tan looks more yellow in the picture, it is really more on the tan side, was hard to photograph with all the white snow.

Take a custom white balance off the snow. Do it in the shade and put the camera in AP mode so the flash will fill. Then snap the shot again. Should get proper (or closer) colors with nicely exposed rifle from the fill flash without the background blowing the highlights out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Kaiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How about some more particulars?

Kaiser Norton </div></div>

Don't know what else to say about it... barrel twist is 7.75 will be finished at 20" and all metal will be black ceracote. Will be threaded for can with knurled protector. Scope is Luppy Mark 4, M2, TMR in dark earth, likely order some BDC knobs for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a custom white balance off the snow. Do it in the shade and put the camera in AP mode so the flash will fill. Then snap the shot again. Should get proper (or closer) colors with nicely exposed rifle from the fill flash without the background blowing the highlights out.
</div></div>

I'll jump right on that... lol, I'm obviously not the photographer you are!

Re: Got My New HTG Stock From McMillan - Fall Patt

I like it....... My next ADJ HTG will be that color.
Good Luck with the build, hope you get to wear out a barrel about every two years.