• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Got my new job finally

bitter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Sierra Vista AZ
Got word that I got my job with US Customs and Border Patrol fly out in two weeks for the academy!

Time to pack up and get my stuff in order to leave. After the academy I will be stationed in Douglas AZ.

Good news about that is should be better shooting area then here in WI
grin.gif

Re: Got my new job finially

hope you like the heat!!

Congrats.

Remember, any academy is designed to push you mentally as well as physically. It isn't personal. Keep your head down and push yourself and you'll do well.

Thanks guys!

I cant imagine the academy will be any worse then basic so going into it with that mind frame. So it should go ok. Though as I go through it Ill keep you updated

Congratulations on the new job.

Congrats Bitter!

I applied/went through the process a few years back and turned it down when they called to give me a date at the academy. When I first applied I was out of work, but found what I thought was a pretty killer job shortly after. Yeah, I was wrong... I should never have turned it down.

A word of warning Bitter, if you see a BATFE official, run like hell. He will not have your well being in mind.

If you are not already familiar with it and want to G2 the academy/work situation a bit, check out the forum over at Honor First.com

Congrats and stay safe!

not sure if you have military experience but if so, you'll have no problem in the academy with the mind games they try to play.

Thanks once again guys, yes I do have prior Military experience was a 11B in the Army

CS1983 thanks Ill check that out!

slowkota haha thanks ill fix that as well

Bitter,

Congrats. It is a good job and Douglas is not bad. I would not recommend living there though, look at Bisbee or somewhere else. Congrats again!

Congrats bitter, I was in the process for a long while. And while being delayed even further, I ended up landing the completely awesome job I have now. Good luck in the Patrol, I've got more than a few family members doing that job, and they love it.