• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Got my rifle back from my smith finally! (w/pics)

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
It's here! was supposed to be around 3 weeks, but with this and that, it got extended to 2 months. lol oh well. I'm happy! I can't wait to shoot it!

The Gunsmith that did the work is 'Harry Scatton'. He is the owner of Up In Arms Design inc. he has built some impressive rifles. I talked to few of his customers before going with him. Very knowledgable. We were gonna turn this into a .284 but we stayed with my -06 because honestly I ahve no place to have a .284 shine. I have a 2 hour drive if I want to shoot over 100 yards here. I got 600 yards if I join a club that's about 2 hours away, and 4 hour drive for 1000 yards. The -06 will be plenty fine for those distances, not to mention I already have the ammo, brass, dies etc.

anyways, now to the Rifle....

Specs -

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Remington 700 L/A .30-06 (Chambered specifically for 3.549 OAL (ogive of 2.813 with .010 jump)
[*]Action Truing (Cut internal action lugs, cut back of bolt lugs, lap bolt lugs to action and square receiver face, re-drill and tap scope holes for 8/40 screws)[*]Rock Creek SS 5R 26" M24 Contour Barrel (Recessed 11-degree crown)[*] .240 Recoil Lug[*] Wyatt's DBM kit with 10 round magazine[*]Brownell Tactical knob[*]action/barrel polish and media blasted. CM parts parkerized, barrel epoxy painted.[*] Shilen Trigger set to 2lbs[*]Warne Steel low 34mm rings (I'm glad these cleared, just barely!)[*] TPS 20moa steel rail (8/40)[*] B&C A2 Stock (intletted for the M24 contour)[*]Atlas V8.1 Bipod w/Seekins SRS rail[*]Bushnell HDMR with Horus H59 Reticle[/list]

Excuse the mess in the background, its from the packaging. lol

What she started her life like...
dsc00930l.jpg

In between the transformation
dsc01044zz.jpg

And now
dsc01194vm.jpg

dsc01195h.jpg

dsc01196da.jpg

Just barely made it!
dsc01199ru.jpg

And the H59 for good measure
20110707175808248.jpg

As a test fire session the gunsmith made a very generic load (varget on some Remington brass with the amax 208) and got this group at 200 yards. Remember this was just a test load he made to shoot it. it was the first 10 shots (the 1st 5 were on 100 yards for sight in) the 10th hit a bowling pin at 225 yards. lol

remym24.jpg

I'm gonna get to some load development when I have 2 days off in a row for work. then probably go shoot it within those couple days too. I'll be using the OCW method and try to stick with the OBT theory. see how that works for me. I'll be using AMAX 208 with H4350

I just wanted to share my new toy. That's all
smile.gif

Re: Got my rifle back from my smith finally! (w/pics)

Nice. Sucks you won't often be able to use it to its full potential.

Re: Got my rifle back from my smith finally! (w/pics)

I sure will!