• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Got scope need info on base?

The Native Way

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2013
Ok I purchased a scope for my new 6.5x47L on a rem 700 sa.It is a Zeiss HD5 5-25 x50. I was wondering what moa base would I need if any and what one piece base do you all recommend. I will have gun zeroed at 100 yd but hope to shoot out to a 1000 also Any help would be appreciated.

Shouldn't have a problem. I've got a scope with 70moa over a 20moa base and it still has plenty of room to run.

i got a 20 moa base as well.... was pretty straight didnt need to bed it

I run EGW 15moa bases under a couple vortex scopes in warne low rings with no issues, good cheek weld without adding adjustable cheek rests and solid mounting for a fair price..

There are plenty of threads discussing various base brands. I feel its more important that you get a good set of rings. If you truely intend to go out to 1000 yds, youre better off with 20moa base.

Last edited: