• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got to break in my 2nd 6 Creed today, pretty good results.

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
Since it was nice and sunny today, It was the day to break in the new LRI 6 Creed. After going right over the target on the first shot, (forgot about the 20moa base), I boresighted it and got it pretty close at 100yds, once I made the adjustment so it would hit dead nuts or pretty darn close out to 200yds I put the target out that far and shot the remaining 3 of the break in loads(41grs IMR4350) and the other 25 shots with 41.6grs IMR and 5 with 41.7grs. H4350. It would seem that this rifle likes the Nosler 105s.
When my chronograph was working it looked like by the ES and SDs I was getting that it could use a bit more powder to tighten everything up. Highest velocity was 3122, most were in the 3080ish range. The load with the best SD(24) was with 41.7grs H4350 using Tula primers.
UZcaIXH.jpg

3BgDtZh.jpg

How do you even see a difference with a .1gr change?

How do you even see a difference with a .1gr change?
There was 22fps(avg) difference between string 2 & 3, string 3 was H4350, rest were 41.6 of IMR4350, string 5 had an avg of 3022, got that after I put the diffusers on my chronograph and it was a just a tad warmer out. That chronograph seems to work best in less than sunny conditions.

Don't look like your in the node yet
to me. Try wider charge like .2-.3 gr and ladder up to pressure

Don't look like your in the node yet
to me. Try wider charge like .2-.3 gr and ladder up to pressure

Oh yeah, figured that out while I was at the range, I'm thinking yes go up to 41.9grs. and that should tighten it all up, get my SD down low, etc. Then take her out to 300yds and see what she'll do, then the VLDs come out, either way.